A recently completed Monolithic Dome home shielded a family from a hurricane and came away unscathed. That’s the strength of a Monolithic Dome.
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Judy Lynne South — loving wife of David B. South and beloved mother of ten. She died in Waxahachie, Texas, on Monday, February 25, 2019.
Forecasts predicted Hurricane Michael would land in Panama City as a strong, but still manageable, Category 3 hurricane. Employees of the Humane Society of Bay County — along with their families, friends, cats, and dogs — spent the day preparing to ride out the hurricane under the protection of their Monolithic Dome. As everyone settled in for the night, no one expected anything too severe. Then Hurricane Michael intensified into the strongest hurricane to ever hit the Florida panhandle.
- Women's shoes Heels lace Sexy Sandals Fish Head shoes coarse Heels Single shoes Casual shoes
- Sanuk Casual shoes Womens women Blanket Canvas Rubber Sole 1016485
- Steve Madden Women's Rancee Suede Ankle-High Leather Boot
- OTBT Women's Sellwood Slip-On shoes Electric bluee
- PUMA Mens King Suede Legends Sneaker
- Franco Sarto Womens fidela 5
- Women's Western Cowgirl Cowboy Boot Cimmaron Round Toe by Silver Canyon
- Littleplum Kids Soccer shoes Cleats Football Cleats shoes High-top Sock Foot Care
- ASICS - Gelgamepoint 4907 - E409L4907
- Rockport Men's Symon Wingtip shoes, 8.5 D(M) US, Cognac
- ASICS Gun Lap D Athletics Spikes
- @Sandals Summer New, Men'S Toes, Korean shoes, Flip Flops, Men'S shoes, Slippery Slippers.
- Mzq-yq Men's shoes Casual shoes White shoes 2019 Sports shoes shoes Running shoes Students Tide shoes Wild Large Size
- Carlos by Carlos Santana Men's 'Gypsy' Plain Derby Oxford in Goodyear Welted Construction Black Size 7 D(M) US
- PUMA Men's 365 Ignite ST Soccer-shoes
- Snake White Pu Cambridge Select Women's Pointed Toe Crisscross Chunky Block Low Heel Mule
Facing west toward the Front Range of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, The Vanguard School in Colorado Springs provides a dramatic foreground thanks to its royal blue sports field and the dome structure situated nearby. The 20,000-square foot Monolithic Dome houses twelve classrooms and two science labs for the school’s 215 seventh and eighth graders. “It looks cool,” says student Ciera. “A lot of people see it and wonder what that thing is and I get to tell them it’s the junior high building!”
I was not a bit afraid during Hurricane Michael. A South Florida newspaper said there were sustained winds of 185+ mph and gusts of 201 mph. I believe that as I watched the neighbor house explode and saw trees twist and fly apart. Debris pounded the dome viciously. My hurricane windows were fractured but held so no rain entered.
Crime London Java Lo Mens Trainer Black UK11 EU45 US11.5
Hurricane Michael smashed a power transformer into Margaret Clayton’s caterpillar shaped Monolithic Dome home. The home is a few miles southeast of Mexico Beach in Port Saint Joe, Florida. Clayton stayed in her home during the hurricane. Everything was going well — until her neighbor’s house exploded.
V Italia 1162 Giovanne Black
Kenneth Cole Brand Stand Men's Casual SneakersDavinci Italian Men's 98076 Dress Casual shoes Square Toe Slip on Loafer Black Suede shoesMeotina Women High Heels Mary Jane shoes Pointed Toe Female Pumps Thick Heels Ladies Party shoes
Hundreds of dome fans toured the Monolithic Dome Research Park on Saturday, October 20. After weeks of constant rain, the weather turned sunny, and it was a beautiful day. Even the with all the mud and standing water, people toured the offices, shops, and Bruco: The Texas Italian Caterpillar.
We haven’t reached any dome owners in the area hit by Hurricane Michael. The city manager of Panama City Beach, Florida, was on NPR this morning talking about the damage. He said his city fared okay, but the area around Mexico Beach — east of Panama City Beach — was devastated. Widespread power failures, destroyed cell towers, and damaged infrastructure is making communication difficult.
Years ago, a late night fire started next to a 10,000-ton urea storage in Channelview, Texas. It consumed three wood structures built against the Monolithic Dome. Over 300 gallons of transformer oil fueled the blaze. For an hour, strong winds blew the inferno directly over the dome.
Womens shoes Stiletto Heel Sexy Ankle Boots Ladies High Heel Zipper Mid-Calf shoes for Fall Winter
Merrell Ryeland Lace Womens shoesMAIERNISI JESSI Women's Platform Extreme Stiletto High Heels Slip On Pumps
Ted Baker Womens Kapaar Pump
VOLATILE Women's Newcastle Wedge Sandal
Lowa Womens Renegade II Gore-Tex Lo Prune Nubuck shoes
There are so many domes around the Monolithic Dome Research Park that for the first time the Monolithic Dome Builders Workshop was held out-of-town — mostly. Over 20 students attended the Fall 2018 workshop. They built two, 20-foot diameter domes and one concrete-only Ecoshell in nearby Dawson, Texas.
VOILE whiteHE Fitness & Cross-Training Womens Black
PUMA Men's Evopower Vigor 1 Ag Football Boots, Neongreen black
Dome fan, Harry Maldonado, shared this video of his recent visit to a monolithic dome home in Colorado. We believe this home was constructed by Mert Hull near Colorado Springs.
Diadora Unisex Men's Sneakers in White mesh Fabric with Rubber Inserts. White Lashes and White Backed Rubber Base.