A recently completed Monolithic Dome home shielded a family from a hurricane and came away unscathed. That’s the strength of a Monolithic Dome.
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Judy Lynne South — loving wife of David B. South and beloved mother of ten. She died in Waxahachie, Texas, on Monday, February 25, 2019.
Forecasts predicted Hurricane Michael would land in Panama City as a strong, but still manageable, Category 3 hurricane. Employees of the Humane Society of Bay County — along with their families, friends, cats, and dogs — spent the day preparing to ride out the hurricane under the protection of their Monolithic Dome. As everyone settled in for the night, no one expected anything too severe. Then Hurricane Michael intensified into the strongest hurricane to ever hit the Florida panhandle.
- Wonderheel 7 wedge patent pink fetish ankle boots lace up padlocks ballet shoes
- Nike Air Max Span Wolf Grey 554666-079 Herren Mens Sneaker shoes Schuhe
- Via Spiga Womens V-cara Dress Sandal
- Converse Chuck Taylor Double Upper Hi High-Top Canvas Fashion Sneaker
- Mister Carlo Monty Mens Leather Brogue Lace Ups Tan
- RENMEN Spring and summer models men's shoes mesh casual shoes men's lightweight breathable sports shoes low help students men running shoes 39-43, multicolor
- Nike Men's Air Max Triax '94 Running shoes
- Black Gum Adidas Originals Men's Primeknit NMD_R1 Running shoes (Black)
- A X Armani Exchange Men's Armani Exchange Logo Sneaker
- DoraTasia Women's Buckle Strap Pointed Toe Metal V Decoration High Heel Ankle Boots
- The Slope with Boots Boots in The Autumn and Winter Increased Size shoes Suede Bow in.
- Nerefy Plus Size 34-43 Hot New Summer Women Sandals Fashion High Heels Sandal
- Charles Albert Women's Ankle Strap Gladiator Flat Sandals
- My Little Nest Women's Top Handle Satchel Handbag Welcome Ladies PU Leather Shoulder Bag Crossbody Bag
- WeenFashion Women's Mid Top Solid Zipper Round Closed Toe High Heels Boots
- Head Sprint Pro Indoor Women's Court shoes Berry Yellow (9.5)
Facing west toward the Front Range of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, The Vanguard School in Colorado Springs provides a dramatic foreground thanks to its royal blue sports field and the dome structure situated nearby. The 20,000-square foot Monolithic Dome houses twelve classrooms and two science labs for the school’s 215 seventh and eighth graders. “It looks cool,” says student Ciera. “A lot of people see it and wonder what that thing is and I get to tell them it’s the junior high building!”
I was not a bit afraid during Hurricane Michael. A South Florida newspaper said there were sustained winds of 185+ mph and gusts of 201 mph. I believe that as I watched the neighbor house explode and saw trees twist and fly apart. Debris pounded the dome viciously. My hurricane windows were fractured but held so no rain entered.
B.O.C. Women Alisha Slide Sandals
Hurricane Michael smashed a power transformer into Margaret Clayton’s caterpillar shaped Monolithic Dome home. The home is a few miles southeast of Mexico Beach in Port Saint Joe, Florida. Clayton stayed in her home during the hurricane. Everything was going well — until her neighbor’s house exploded.
Giani Bernini Jileen Women US 5 Black Wedge Heel
Boom-moon Open Toe Heels Women shoes Crystal Solid Summer High HeelsGel Lyte III Brazil PackGiorgio Brutini Men's Wing Tip Oxfords Beige
Hundreds of dome fans toured the Monolithic Dome Research Park on Saturday, October 20. After weeks of constant rain, the weather turned sunny, and it was a beautiful day. Even the with all the mud and standing water, people toured the offices, shops, and Bruco: The Texas Italian Caterpillar.
We haven’t reached any dome owners in the area hit by Hurricane Michael. The city manager of Panama City Beach, Florida, was on NPR this morning talking about the damage. He said his city fared okay, but the area around Mexico Beach — east of Panama City Beach — was devastated. Widespread power failures, destroyed cell towers, and damaged infrastructure is making communication difficult.
Years ago, a late night fire started next to a 10,000-ton urea storage in Channelview, Texas. It consumed three wood structures built against the Monolithic Dome. Over 300 gallons of transformer oil fueled the blaze. For an hour, strong winds blew the inferno directly over the dome.
Nine Seven Genuine Leather Women's Pointed Toe Chunky Heel Side Zip Handmade Classy Over The Knee Boots
Vionic New Men's Turner Active Sneaker Black 9Pleaser Womens BEYOND-3028 BPU M Boot
Hotter Women’s Sugar Ee shoes
DC - Trase TX SE - ADYS300123NVW
Hunter Original Women's Short Refined Gloss Rain Boot, Tawny
There are so many domes around the Monolithic Dome Research Park that for the first time the Monolithic Dome Builders Workshop was held out-of-town — mostly. Over 20 students attended the Fall 2018 workshop. They built two, 20-foot diameter domes and one concrete-only Ecoshell in nearby Dawson, Texas.
Cliffs by White Mountian Fairfield Knee High Boots, Black
Baffin Women's Ice Field Insulated Boot
Dome fan, Harry Maldonado, shared this video of his recent visit to a monolithic dome home in Colorado. We believe this home was constructed by Mert Hull near Colorado Springs.
Genuine Leather Breathable Military Boots for Men Soft Sole Non Slip Wintern Boots (color Black, Size CA 6.5)