A recently completed Monolithic Dome home shielded a family from a hurricane and came away unscathed. That’s the strength of a Monolithic Dome.
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Judy Lynne South — loving wife of David B. South and beloved mother of ten. She died in Waxahachie, Texas, on Monday, February 25, 2019.
Forecasts predicted Hurricane Michael would land in Panama City as a strong, but still manageable, Category 3 hurricane. Employees of the Humane Society of Bay County — along with their families, friends, cats, and dogs — spent the day preparing to ride out the hurricane under the protection of their Monolithic Dome. As everyone settled in for the night, no one expected anything too severe. Then Hurricane Michael intensified into the strongest hurricane to ever hit the Florida panhandle.
- XHD- Classic shoes Men's Classic Drive Loafers Casual Bows are Breathable and Comfortable Boat Moccasins
- Women's Leather shoes Leather Fall Winter Fashion Boots Ankle Boots Bootie Boots Thick Heel Pointed Boots Ankle Boots Martin Boots (color B-Keep Warm shoes, Size 36)
- GLOBALWIN Women's 1837 Black Winter Snow Boots 5.5M
- NCAA Nebraska Cornhuskers Women's 10-Inch Gameday Boots
- New Balance Unisex Adults’ Low-Top Sneakers
- Business Casual shoes Mens Leather shoes Cotton Cloth Oxford
- Nike Mens Mercurial Victory V Tf
- Marco Ferretti 160763mf Mocassin Man
- Reebok Work Men's Sublite Work RB4443 Industrial and Construction shoes
- Green Jordan Air Jordan 11 Retro Low Big Kids
- Sam Look Women shoes Ballet Flats Loafers Summer Moccasins Ladies Slip On Casual Flat shoes bluee 4.5 M US
- Mobnau Womens Floral Beaded Flip Flops Thong Ladies Sandals
- Opr7 Teal Pineapple Running shoes Lightweight Women Sneaker Lace-up Casual
- WeenFashion Women's Pointed Closed Toe Spikes Stilettos Pull On Pumps-shoes
Facing west toward the Front Range of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, The Vanguard School in Colorado Springs provides a dramatic foreground thanks to its royal blue sports field and the dome structure situated nearby. The 20,000-square foot Monolithic Dome houses twelve classrooms and two science labs for the school’s 215 seventh and eighth graders. “It looks cool,” says student Ciera. “A lot of people see it and wonder what that thing is and I get to tell them it’s the junior high building!”
I was not a bit afraid during Hurricane Michael. A South Florida newspaper said there were sustained winds of 185+ mph and gusts of 201 mph. I believe that as I watched the neighbor house explode and saw trees twist and fly apart. Debris pounded the dome viciously. My hurricane windows were fractured but held so no rain entered.
Pleaser Women's Infinity 2049 Boots
Hurricane Michael smashed a power transformer into Margaret Clayton’s caterpillar shaped Monolithic Dome home. The home is a few miles southeast of Mexico Beach in Port Saint Joe, Florida. Clayton stayed in her home during the hurricane. Everything was going well — until her neighbor’s house exploded.
Steve Madden Women's Regent Sandal
André Assous Womens Indigo LoaferDonald J Pliner Women's Carly-D FlatNike Men's Free RN Distance Shield Running shoes
Hundreds of dome fans toured the Monolithic Dome Research Park on Saturday, October 20. After weeks of constant rain, the weather turned sunny, and it was a beautiful day. Even the with all the mud and standing water, people toured the offices, shops, and Bruco: The Texas Italian Caterpillar.
We haven’t reached any dome owners in the area hit by Hurricane Michael. The city manager of Panama City Beach, Florida, was on NPR this morning talking about the damage. He said his city fared okay, but the area around Mexico Beach — east of Panama City Beach — was devastated. Widespread power failures, destroyed cell towers, and damaged infrastructure is making communication difficult.
Years ago, a late night fire started next to a 10,000-ton urea storage in Channelview, Texas. It consumed three wood structures built against the Monolithic Dome. Over 300 gallons of transformer oil fueled the blaze. For an hour, strong winds blew the inferno directly over the dome.
Adidas - N5923 EL I - Size 8.0US
COUGAR Women's Vancouver Winter Boot in BlackANA LUBLIN Annette_silver Lace up
Hoka One One Women's W Bondi 5 Running shoes
Purple New Balance Men's 990v4
Hugo Boss Men's Orlando Runn Nylon Sneaker
There are so many domes around the Monolithic Dome Research Park that for the first time the Monolithic Dome Builders Workshop was held out-of-town — mostly. Over 20 students attended the Fall 2018 workshop. They built two, 20-foot diameter domes and one concrete-only Ecoshell in nearby Dawson, Texas.
Reebok - Instalite Pro - CN0528
Kenneth Cole Brand Wagon Men Leather Sneakers
Dome fan, Harry Maldonado, shared this video of his recent visit to a monolithic dome home in Colorado. We believe this home was constructed by Mert Hull near Colorado Springs.
Pastry Unisex Fashion Sneakers - Glossy, Paris Praline Style, Black Black