A recently completed Monolithic Dome home shielded a family from a hurricane and came away unscathed. That’s the strength of a Monolithic Dome.
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Judy Lynne South — loving wife of David B. South and beloved mother of ten. She died in Waxahachie, Texas, on Monday, February 25, 2019.
Forecasts predicted Hurricane Michael would land in Panama City as a strong, but still manageable, Category 3 hurricane. Employees of the Humane Society of Bay County — along with their families, friends, cats, and dogs — spent the day preparing to ride out the hurricane under the protection of their Monolithic Dome. As everyone settled in for the night, no one expected anything too severe. Then Hurricane Michael intensified into the strongest hurricane to ever hit the Florida panhandle.
- Adidas - F30 TRX FG - G65383
- Marc Fisher Sayla Women US 5.5 bluee Peep Toe Bootie
- Breathable casual shoes casual shoes trend canvas shoes men students canvas shoes,Army green,Forty-one
- Y-H Men's Formal shoes Microfiber Leather Spring Fall Comfortable Breathable Business shoes Loafers & Slip-Ons Formal shoes Party & Evening Leather shoes (color A, Size 45)
- Y-H Men's Faux Leather Fall Winter Comfort Athletic shoes Basketball shoes Outdoor Slip-Ons Running shoes Black Red bluee (color bluee, Size 45)
- La Milano Mens Leather Cap Toe Lace up Oxford Classic Modern Business Dress shoes for Men
- Jordan Men's Jumpman Hustle Basketball shoes (11, White Black)
- Navy White Crocs Womens Literide Clog Clog
- JQfashion Women's High-Heeled shoes Spring and Summer High-Heeled Sandals Fishmouth golden Sexy Night Club 17 cm
- Idomeo Unisex Plaid Pattern Comfortable Warm Slippers Winter shoes Slippers
- Smilice Women Casual Boots Fashion Over-The-Knee Boots
- Havaianas Ketchup Theme Red Sandals 11 W
- My Little Nest Women's Top Handle Satchel Handbag Oil Painting Sail Boat Ladies PU Leather Shoulder Bag Crossbody Bag
- AllhqFashion Women's Mid Top Lace up Kitten Heels Round Closed Toe Boots
- Themost Women Sexy Closed Pointed Toe High Heels Evening Party Pumps Large Size
- Lacitena Low Heel Simple Red Ladies Office Single shoes
Facing west toward the Front Range of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, The Vanguard School in Colorado Springs provides a dramatic foreground thanks to its royal blue sports field and the dome structure situated nearby. The 20,000-square foot Monolithic Dome houses twelve classrooms and two science labs for the school’s 215 seventh and eighth graders. “It looks cool,” says student Ciera. “A lot of people see it and wonder what that thing is and I get to tell them it’s the junior high building!”
I was not a bit afraid during Hurricane Michael. A South Florida newspaper said there were sustained winds of 185+ mph and gusts of 201 mph. I believe that as I watched the neighbor house explode and saw trees twist and fly apart. Debris pounded the dome viciously. My hurricane windows were fractured but held so no rain entered.
Wolverine Men's Ingham W06683 Work Steel Toe Boot
Hurricane Michael smashed a power transformer into Margaret Clayton’s caterpillar shaped Monolithic Dome home. The home is a few miles southeast of Mexico Beach in Port Saint Joe, Florida. Clayton stayed in her home during the hurricane. Everything was going well — until her neighbor’s house exploded.
Catlike Whisper Road Black-bluee shoes 2017
Columbia Womens Heavenly Shorty Organza II Omni-HeatMerrell Women’s Capra Mid Gore-Tex High Rise Hiking BootsFay Waters Women's Warm Winter Fashion Genuine Sheepskin Leather Ice Maiden Insulated Snow Boot
Hundreds of dome fans toured the Monolithic Dome Research Park on Saturday, October 20. After weeks of constant rain, the weather turned sunny, and it was a beautiful day. Even the with all the mud and standing water, people toured the offices, shops, and Bruco: The Texas Italian Caterpillar.
We haven’t reached any dome owners in the area hit by Hurricane Michael. The city manager of Panama City Beach, Florida, was on NPR this morning talking about the damage. He said his city fared okay, but the area around Mexico Beach — east of Panama City Beach — was devastated. Widespread power failures, destroyed cell towers, and damaged infrastructure is making communication difficult.
Years ago, a late night fire started next to a 10,000-ton urea storage in Channelview, Texas. It consumed three wood structures built against the Monolithic Dome. Over 300 gallons of transformer oil fueled the blaze. For an hour, strong winds blew the inferno directly over the dome.
Barbarella 4028 Women's Italian Suede Dressy Low Heel shoes
DOSOMI Women's Fashion Autumn Winter Plush Over The Knee Slim Thigh High Heels BootsAdidas X 17.1 Men's Firm Ground Soccer Cleats White
Badgley Mischka Womens Vienna Heeled Sandal
T-JULY Women's Stretch Flock Leather Boots High Heel Thigh High Over The Knee Boots Ladies Autumn Winter Boots
Dyeables Women's Heidi Leather Sandal
There are so many domes around the Monolithic Dome Research Park that for the first time the Monolithic Dome Builders Workshop was held out-of-town — mostly. Over 20 students attended the Fall 2018 workshop. They built two, 20-foot diameter domes and one concrete-only Ecoshell in nearby Dawson, Texas.
Eddie Bauer Women's Leather Moc
Bata shoes 86049-08 Onguard Industries Size 8 Storm King Black 27'' PVC and Polyester Hip Waders with Cleated Outsole, Steel Toe and Removable Insole, English, 15.34 fl. oz, Plastic, 1 x 27 x 1
Dome fan, Harry Maldonado, shared this video of his recent visit to a monolithic dome home in Colorado. We believe this home was constructed by Mert Hull near Colorado Springs.
Nike Women's MD Runner 2 ENG Mesh Running shoes Grey