A recently completed Monolithic Dome home shielded a family from a hurricane and came away unscathed. That’s the strength of a Monolithic Dome.
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Judy Lynne South — loving wife of David B. South and beloved mother of ten. She died in Waxahachie, Texas, on Monday, February 25, 2019.
Forecasts predicted Hurricane Michael would land in Panama City as a strong, but still manageable, Category 3 hurricane. Employees of the Humane Society of Bay County — along with their families, friends, cats, and dogs — spent the day preparing to ride out the hurricane under the protection of their Monolithic Dome. As everyone settled in for the night, no one expected anything too severe. Then Hurricane Michael intensified into the strongest hurricane to ever hit the Florida panhandle.
- Tamaris Women's 25215 Hi-Top Sneakers
- Nautilus Womens N1376 Steel Toe Athletic shoes,bluee,6 M
- Carmela Men’s 66605 Sports shoes
- DIESEL Exposure Hi Indigo White Mens Canvas New Trainers shoes Boots
- XUE Men's Business shoes Microfiber Spring Fall Comfort Pointed shoes Lace-up for Casual Party & Evening Formal Business Work Black Large Size
- TTRR Men's shoes autumn tide shoes winter sports shoes men's casual shoes shoes (Size 40)
- Ted Baker London Men's Hillron Trainers
- - Hush Puppies Womens Pekingese Strappy Buckle Sandal Peach Size UK 3 EU 36
- CHALi99 Fashion Female's Lightweight Mesh shoes Palm Tree Clouds Sneakers Running Shock Absorbing
- Athletic Running shoes Fashion Sneakers Fitness shoes Casual Mesh Soft Sole Lightweight Breathable
- Women's Fashion Low Heel Fringe Boots Pull On
- IINFINE Stiletto High Heel shoes for Women Pointed, Closed Toe Classic Slip On Dress Pumps
- My Little Nest Women's Top Handle Satchel Handbag Watercolor Style Wild Flower Ladies PU Leather Shoulder Bag Crossbody Bag
- Owaheson Lace-up Sneaker Training shoes Mens Womens Rattlesnake Warning Don't Tread On Me
- Themost Sandals for Women, Ankle Strap Stilettos High Heels Pointed Toe Sandal Wedding Evening Dress Casual Party shoes
- Women's Sandals with A Rivet Female High Heel Women's shoes Open Toe Slip Breathable Lining Comfortable Women's High Heel Sandals,Black,38
Facing west toward the Front Range of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, The Vanguard School in Colorado Springs provides a dramatic foreground thanks to its royal blue sports field and the dome structure situated nearby. The 20,000-square foot Monolithic Dome houses twelve classrooms and two science labs for the school’s 215 seventh and eighth graders. “It looks cool,” says student Ciera. “A lot of people see it and wonder what that thing is and I get to tell them it’s the junior high building!”
I was not a bit afraid during Hurricane Michael. A South Florida newspaper said there were sustained winds of 185+ mph and gusts of 201 mph. I believe that as I watched the neighbor house explode and saw trees twist and fly apart. Debris pounded the dome viciously. My hurricane windows were fractured but held so no rain entered.
Women's shoes Summer Rhinestone shoes Ladies Rough Heel Sandals Slipper for Office & Career Party & Evening
Hurricane Michael smashed a power transformer into Margaret Clayton’s caterpillar shaped Monolithic Dome home. The home is a few miles southeast of Mexico Beach in Port Saint Joe, Florida. Clayton stayed in her home during the hurricane. Everything was going well — until her neighbor’s house exploded.
Sanita Womens Professional Paris Work shoes
Frye Womens Perry Feathered ThongWeenFashion Women's Pu Low-Top Solid Zipper High-Heels Boots, AMGXY114660CASSOCK Women's High Heel Boots Pointy Party Martin Booties Sexy Fashion Show Autumn shoes
Hundreds of dome fans toured the Monolithic Dome Research Park on Saturday, October 20. After weeks of constant rain, the weather turned sunny, and it was a beautiful day. Even the with all the mud and standing water, people toured the offices, shops, and Bruco: The Texas Italian Caterpillar.
We haven’t reached any dome owners in the area hit by Hurricane Michael. The city manager of Panama City Beach, Florida, was on NPR this morning talking about the damage. He said his city fared okay, but the area around Mexico Beach — east of Panama City Beach — was devastated. Widespread power failures, destroyed cell towers, and damaged infrastructure is making communication difficult.
Years ago, a late night fire started next to a 10,000-ton urea storage in Channelview, Texas. It consumed three wood structures built against the Monolithic Dome. Over 300 gallons of transformer oil fueled the blaze. For an hour, strong winds blew the inferno directly over the dome.
NJ Women Open Toe Thong Sandals Low Heel Pumps Ankle Straps Flats Summer Walking shoes
NJ Women Classic D'Orsay Pointed Toe Pumps Stiletto High Heels Slip-on Suede Dress shoesNJ Women Peep Toe Cork Low Heel Wedge Sandals Slip on Pumps Slingback Cocktail shoes
Nancy Jayjii Women Peep Toe Stiletto Cross Strip High Heel Pumps Patent Leather Nude 13 US
Cambridge Select Women's Open Toe Perforated Cutout Side Zip Chunky Stacked Heel Ankle Bootie
Moses Womens Twilight Navy Freedom Sandals
There are so many domes around the Monolithic Dome Research Park that for the first time the Monolithic Dome Builders Workshop was held out-of-town — mostly. Over 20 students attended the Fall 2018 workshop. They built two, 20-foot diameter domes and one concrete-only Ecoshell in nearby Dawson, Texas.
Printing High Heels Women Sandals Buckle Wedges Cross Strap Open Toe shoes Summer Fashion Ladies Platform shoes
YDN Women Pointed Toe Low Heel Kitten Office Pumps Slip on Low Cut shoes
Dome fan, Harry Maldonado, shared this video of his recent visit to a monolithic dome home in Colorado. We believe this home was constructed by Mert Hull near Colorado Springs.
Cole Haan Women's Bartlett Dress Sandal Brown