A recently completed Monolithic Dome home shielded a family from a hurricane and came away unscathed. That’s the strength of a Monolithic Dome.
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Judy Lynne South — loving wife of David B. South and beloved mother of ten. She died in Waxahachie, Texas, on Monday, February 25, 2019.
Forecasts predicted Hurricane Michael would land in Panama City as a strong, but still manageable, Category 3 hurricane. Employees of the Humane Society of Bay County — along with their families, friends, cats, and dogs — spent the day preparing to ride out the hurricane under the protection of their Monolithic Dome. As everyone settled in for the night, no one expected anything too severe. Then Hurricane Michael intensified into the strongest hurricane to ever hit the Florida panhandle.
- INC International Concepts Womens Sadiee Open Toe Casual, Summer Nude, Size 8.5
- Naturalizer Womens Kandy Open Toe Casual Slingback Sandals, Black, Size 8.5
- Sandgrens Swedish Low Heel Wooden Clog Boots for Women Manhattan
- Kenneth Cole Men's Winning Ticket Derbys
- Nike Fs Lite Trainer Ii, Men’s Trainers
- Free Diving Snorkeling fins Portable Adjustable Rubber Unisex Swimming Training shoes
- Massimo Dutti Men's Striped Contrast Espadrilles 4906 022
- Black Nbpu Cambridge Select Women's Back Corset Lace Chunky Stacked Heel Ankle Bootie
- Asics Mens Jolt shoes, 10.5 UK, Indigo bluee Silver Black
- HuangKang 2019 Summer Fashion High Heels 10.5Cm Female Strappy Chunky Peep Nude Serpentine Woman shoes
- BININBOX Women's Round Toe Embroidered Linen shoes Casual Flats shoes Beige
- 1TO9 Womens Baguette-Style Dress Toggle Urethane Sandals MJS03209
- Vitalo Womens Kitten Heel Pointed Toe Ankle Boots Zip Up Autumn Winter Booties
- KRISP Women Ladies Platform Sandals Low Mid Wedge Heel Espadrille Strappy Summer shoes
- Women's Fashion Casual Slip On Snow Boots Flat Platform Winter Warm Plush Ankle Booties
- Clarks Women's Saylie Jade Sandals
Facing west toward the Front Range of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, The Vanguard School in Colorado Springs provides a dramatic foreground thanks to its royal blue sports field and the dome structure situated nearby. The 20,000-square foot Monolithic Dome houses twelve classrooms and two science labs for the school’s 215 seventh and eighth graders. “It looks cool,” says student Ciera. “A lot of people see it and wonder what that thing is and I get to tell them it’s the junior high building!”
I was not a bit afraid during Hurricane Michael. A South Florida newspaper said there were sustained winds of 185+ mph and gusts of 201 mph. I believe that as I watched the neighbor house explode and saw trees twist and fly apart. Debris pounded the dome viciously. My hurricane windows were fractured but held so no rain entered.
BalaMasa Womens Fringed Cold-Weather Tote-Style Urethane Boots ABM12896
Hurricane Michael smashed a power transformer into Margaret Clayton’s caterpillar shaped Monolithic Dome home. The home is a few miles southeast of Mexico Beach in Port Saint Joe, Florida. Clayton stayed in her home during the hurricane. Everything was going well — until her neighbor’s house exploded.
Soludos Womens Metallic Tall Wedge Pump
Btrada Women Platform Wedges Sneakers Female Trainers Bling Lace-up shoes Increase Height Casual shoesWaltz Choice Women's High Heels Ankle Boots Platform Pumps Autumn Winter Casual shoesTeva Women's Avalina Credver Leather Sandal
Hundreds of dome fans toured the Monolithic Dome Research Park on Saturday, October 20. After weeks of constant rain, the weather turned sunny, and it was a beautiful day. Even the with all the mud and standing water, people toured the offices, shops, and Bruco: The Texas Italian Caterpillar.
We haven’t reached any dome owners in the area hit by Hurricane Michael. The city manager of Panama City Beach, Florida, was on NPR this morning talking about the damage. He said his city fared okay, but the area around Mexico Beach — east of Panama City Beach — was devastated. Widespread power failures, destroyed cell towers, and damaged infrastructure is making communication difficult.
Years ago, a late night fire started next to a 10,000-ton urea storage in Channelview, Texas. It consumed three wood structures built against the Monolithic Dome. Over 300 gallons of transformer oil fueled the blaze. For an hour, strong winds blew the inferno directly over the dome.
9.5Cm Red Chunkly Heel Ankle Bootie Women Fashion Pointed Toe Zipper Party Dress shoes EU Size 34-40
Spring Fall Women's Closed-Toe Pumps Work Court shoes Patent Leather Heel Woman Purps Sexy shoes women Tacon Black RED Women's HIGH Heels shoesWeiPoot Women's Soft Material Solid Closed-Toe Boots with Winkle Pinker and Thread
T-JULY Women Fashion Gladiator Genuine Leather Square Heel Sandals Open Toe Thick Heel shoes
T-JULY Women's Knee High Boots Low Heel Autumn Winter shoes Girls Platform Faux Suede Stretch Knight Boots
Victoria's Secret Pink Flip-Flops Medium Leopard
There are so many domes around the Monolithic Dome Research Park that for the first time the Monolithic Dome Builders Workshop was held out-of-town — mostly. Over 20 students attended the Fall 2018 workshop. They built two, 20-foot diameter domes and one concrete-only Ecoshell in nearby Dawson, Texas.
Soft Line (Jana) Angelica 23660 - Lt Grey Combi (Synthetic) Womens Trainers
SoftWalk Womens Edge Pro Clog
Dome fan, Harry Maldonado, shared this video of his recent visit to a monolithic dome home in Colorado. We believe this home was constructed by Mert Hull near Colorado Springs.
Corso Como Women's Autumn Ankle Bootie