A recently completed Monolithic Dome home shielded a family from a hurricane and came away unscathed. That’s the strength of a Monolithic Dome.
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Judy Lynne South — loving wife of David B. South and beloved mother of ten. She died in Waxahachie, Texas, on Monday, February 25, 2019.
Forecasts predicted Hurricane Michael would land in Panama City as a strong, but still manageable, Category 3 hurricane. Employees of the Humane Society of Bay County — along with their families, friends, cats, and dogs — spent the day preparing to ride out the hurricane under the protection of their Monolithic Dome. As everyone settled in for the night, no one expected anything too severe. Then Hurricane Michael intensified into the strongest hurricane to ever hit the Florida panhandle.
- Clarks - UN Saffron - 261249354
- Joie Women's Alabama Snow Boot
- Easy Go Shopping Men's Driving Loafers Breathable Perforation Genuine Leather Upper Boat Moccasins Cricket shoes
- Adidas Men's EQT Support Adv Winter Fitness shoes
- Z.L.F Men's Oxfords shoes Fashion Simple Flat Heel PU Leather shoes Dress Slip On shoes
- Think Men’s Grod_383627 Classic Boots
- Jallatte Jalborg J0701 Hi Leg Mens Tan Brown Toe Cap Midsole Safety Work Lace Boots
- Gingersnap Naturalizer Womens Jordy Heeled Sandal
- Women 2018 Fashion Sandals Summer Casual Jelly shoes Sandals Hollow Out Mesh Flats
- BalaMasa Womens Comfort Solid Bows Hiking Urethane Walking shoes APL10562
- Super color Women's Snow Boots Winter Warm Ankle Booties Fur Lined Outdoor Anti-Slip shoes
- Better Annie Autumn Winter Women Fuax Suede Leather shoes Woman Vintage Square High Heels Ankle Boots Fashion Snow Boots
- Efbj Watermelon Piece Unisex Comfortable High Top Gym shoes Trainers Sneakers for Men and Women
- AmoonyFashion Women's Round Closed Toe Kitten-Heels Boots with Structured
- WANGZHAO Single Shoulder Bag, Satchel Bag, Lady Bag Fashion Lady New Chain Square Bag
- RHFDVGDS spring and summer wedding shoes Pointed stilettos high heels Rhinestones Bridal shoes Folk style ladies shoes
Facing west toward the Front Range of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, The Vanguard School in Colorado Springs provides a dramatic foreground thanks to its royal blue sports field and the dome structure situated nearby. The 20,000-square foot Monolithic Dome houses twelve classrooms and two science labs for the school’s 215 seventh and eighth graders. “It looks cool,” says student Ciera. “A lot of people see it and wonder what that thing is and I get to tell them it’s the junior high building!”
I was not a bit afraid during Hurricane Michael. A South Florida newspaper said there were sustained winds of 185+ mph and gusts of 201 mph. I believe that as I watched the neighbor house explode and saw trees twist and fly apart. Debris pounded the dome viciously. My hurricane windows were fractured but held so no rain entered.
MINIVOG Treaded Platform Women's Wedge Oxfords shoes
Hurricane Michael smashed a power transformer into Margaret Clayton’s caterpillar shaped Monolithic Dome home. The home is a few miles southeast of Mexico Beach in Port Saint Joe, Florida. Clayton stayed in her home during the hurricane. Everything was going well — until her neighbor’s house exploded.
T-JULY Sexy Ladies High Heels Knee-high Boots Women Platform Winter Large Sizes shoes Female Add Fur Snow Boots
T-JULY Zip up Hoof Heels Boots for Women shoes Girls Mid Calf Boots Plus Size 32-46Women Genuine Leather Ankle Boots Winter Warm Zip Chelsea Boots Ladies Low Block Heel Black Size 34-40Titanium bluee Jewel Giro Petra VR shoes
Hundreds of dome fans toured the Monolithic Dome Research Park on Saturday, October 20. After weeks of constant rain, the weather turned sunny, and it was a beautiful day. Even the with all the mud and standing water, people toured the offices, shops, and Bruco: The Texas Italian Caterpillar.
We haven’t reached any dome owners in the area hit by Hurricane Michael. The city manager of Panama City Beach, Florida, was on NPR this morning talking about the damage. He said his city fared okay, but the area around Mexico Beach — east of Panama City Beach — was devastated. Widespread power failures, destroyed cell towers, and damaged infrastructure is making communication difficult.
Years ago, a late night fire started next to a 10,000-ton urea storage in Channelview, Texas. It consumed three wood structures built against the Monolithic Dome. Over 300 gallons of transformer oil fueled the blaze. For an hour, strong winds blew the inferno directly over the dome.
Victoria's Secret Pink Cheeky Slide Good Vibes Neon Coral Swim Medium 7 8
AmoonyFashion Women's Low-Top Solid Pull-On Closed-Toe Kitten-Heels Boots, BUSXT120982Summer Casual Thick Heel Slippers Women Peep Toe High Heel Flip Flop Waterproof Platform Slides Summer Casual Thick Heel Slippers
Madden girl Women's Oysterr Platform
Baretraps Becker Women's Flats & Oxfords
SK Studio Women Sexy Platform Grenadine High Heel Summer Sandal
There are so many domes around the Monolithic Dome Research Park that for the first time the Monolithic Dome Builders Workshop was held out-of-town — mostly. Over 20 students attended the Fall 2018 workshop. They built two, 20-foot diameter domes and one concrete-only Ecoshell in nearby Dawson, Texas.
BalaMasa Womens Bows Casual Dress Urethane Boots ABM12789
PUMA Womens Tsugi Shinsei Velour Lightweight Casual Fashion Sneakers
Dome fan, Harry Maldonado, shared this video of his recent visit to a monolithic dome home in Colorado. We believe this home was constructed by Mert Hull near Colorado Springs.
Saucony Womens Grid Excursion Tr12 Trail Running shoes