A recently completed Monolithic Dome home shielded a family from a hurricane and came away unscathed. That’s the strength of a Monolithic Dome.
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Judy Lynne South — loving wife of David B. South and beloved mother of ten. She died in Waxahachie, Texas, on Monday, February 25, 2019.
Forecasts predicted Hurricane Michael would land in Panama City as a strong, but still manageable, Category 3 hurricane. Employees of the Humane Society of Bay County — along with their families, friends, cats, and dogs — spent the day preparing to ride out the hurricane under the protection of their Monolithic Dome. As everyone settled in for the night, no one expected anything too severe. Then Hurricane Michael intensified into the strongest hurricane to ever hit the Florida panhandle.
- Jushee Womens Juguilt 7 cm mid-Heel Mid-Calf Pull-on Synthetic Boots
- UBCA-TINGY Womens Leather Studded Rivets Flats Side Zipper Combact Ankle Boots
- AmoonyFashion Women's PU Kitten-Heels Closed-Toe Hook-and-Loop Sandals,BUTLT007137
- CASSOCK Ladies Handmade Rivets Spikes High Heel Winter Ankle Boots Fashion Casual shoes
- Speedo Womens The Wake Athletic Water shoes
- Business shoes Mens Dress,Spring Fall Leather Lace up Wedding Fashionable Office Casual Flat shoes, Leather Interior shoes,Party & Evening
- Rock Fall Phoenix RF6000 Flame Retardant Mid Leg Foundry Welders Safety Boots Black
- Adrianna Papell Jamie Evening Pumps Women's shoes
- Cole Haan Womens Tall Lave WDG Bow Cap Toe Casual Platform Sandals
- Beach Herringbone Sandals Men's Sandal Single shoes Boat shoes Men's Summer Flip-Flops Non-Slip Leisure Wading Activities Beach shoes
- Puma Men's Ignite Dual Netfit Training shoes
- HN shoes Mens Sandals Leather shoes Velcro Walking Casual Summer Beach Slipper Size
- Minnetonka Men's Sheepskin Ankle Boots
- Cotswold Mens Kelmscott Waterproof Boot
- Beige KAANAS Womens Santorini Infinity Loop Woven Flat Slide Sandal Sandal
- Henraly Suede Flat Platform Sneaker shoes Plus Velvet Winter Women's Lace Up Cotton Snow Boots
- AicciAizzi Women Open Back Sandals shoes
- HIPPOSEUS Women's Boost Dance Sneaker Jazz Dance Sneaker Modern Jazz Soft Leather Sport Sneaker,Model B51
- 1TO9 Womens Checkered Cold Lining Baguette-Style Fashion Urethane Sandals MJS03377
Facing west toward the Front Range of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, The Vanguard School in Colorado Springs provides a dramatic foreground thanks to its royal blue sports field and the dome structure situated nearby. The 20,000-square foot Monolithic Dome houses twelve classrooms and two science labs for the school’s 215 seventh and eighth graders. “It looks cool,” says student Ciera. “A lot of people see it and wonder what that thing is and I get to tell them it’s the junior high building!”
I was not a bit afraid during Hurricane Michael. A South Florida newspaper said there were sustained winds of 185+ mph and gusts of 201 mph. I believe that as I watched the neighbor house explode and saw trees twist and fly apart. Debris pounded the dome viciously. My hurricane windows were fractured but held so no rain entered.
Robert Clergerie Women's Ferdie Platform Pump
Hurricane Michael smashed a power transformer into Margaret Clayton’s caterpillar shaped Monolithic Dome home. The home is a few miles southeast of Mexico Beach in Port Saint Joe, Florida. Clayton stayed in her home during the hurricane. Everything was going well — until her neighbor’s house exploded.
New Balance Women's WT810 Trail Running shoes Black bluee
Sandals Ladies golden Patent Leather Bag with Cross Buckle high HeelsHunter Women's Original Tall Rain BootBearpaw Women's Lauren Winter Boot, Black, 11 M US
Hundreds of dome fans toured the Monolithic Dome Research Park on Saturday, October 20. After weeks of constant rain, the weather turned sunny, and it was a beautiful day. Even the with all the mud and standing water, people toured the offices, shops, and Bruco: The Texas Italian Caterpillar.
We haven’t reached any dome owners in the area hit by Hurricane Michael. The city manager of Panama City Beach, Florida, was on NPR this morning talking about the damage. He said his city fared okay, but the area around Mexico Beach — east of Panama City Beach — was devastated. Widespread power failures, destroyed cell towers, and damaged infrastructure is making communication difficult.
Years ago, a late night fire started next to a 10,000-ton urea storage in Channelview, Texas. It consumed three wood structures built against the Monolithic Dome. Over 300 gallons of transformer oil fueled the blaze. For an hour, strong winds blew the inferno directly over the dome.
Sam Edelman Pump Heels Metallic Bronz Leather Size 7.5m 8m, 8.5m Closeout
Good-Memories Men's Martin Boots Genuine Cow Leather High Top Ankle BootsClorts Women's Outdoor Waterproof Nylon textileSnow Boots
Women's Sandals Fish Mouth Sandals Open Toe Bag High Heels
Altra Women's One 2.5 Running shoes, Fuchsia Mint, 10 M US
CALLAGHAN 22707 Long Beach White Leather Wedge Sandal
There are so many domes around the Monolithic Dome Research Park that for the first time the Monolithic Dome Builders Workshop was held out-of-town — mostly. Over 20 students attended the Fall 2018 workshop. They built two, 20-foot diameter domes and one concrete-only Ecoshell in nearby Dawson, Texas.
Australia Luxe Womens Palm Leather Flat Gladiator Sandals Tan 7 Medium (B,M)
Alma en Pena Women's Suede Diamanté Sandals Beige
Dome fan, Harry Maldonado, shared this video of his recent visit to a monolithic dome home in Colorado. We believe this home was constructed by Mert Hull near Colorado Springs.
Reebok All Terrain Work shoes Women's Trail Running 10.5 Black-Teal