A recently completed Monolithic Dome home shielded a family from a hurricane and came away unscathed. That’s the strength of a Monolithic Dome.
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Judy Lynne South — loving wife of David B. South and beloved mother of ten. She died in Waxahachie, Texas, on Monday, February 25, 2019.
Forecasts predicted Hurricane Michael would land in Panama City as a strong, but still manageable, Category 3 hurricane. Employees of the Humane Society of Bay County — along with their families, friends, cats, and dogs — spent the day preparing to ride out the hurricane under the protection of their Monolithic Dome. As everyone settled in for the night, no one expected anything too severe. Then Hurricane Michael intensified into the strongest hurricane to ever hit the Florida panhandle.
- Bugatti Women Ankle Boots Beige, (Natur) G8210310 210
- HangeZ Women Female Boots Winter Women Warm Snow Cotton-padde Velvet shoes Black Black 5.5
- Salomon shoes XA Elevate CS WP K
- Men's Leather Casual Loafers shoes Slip On Driving Boat Flat shoes
- NIUMJ British Black Men's Spring Comfortable Business Casual shoes
- Robert Wayne Garroway Mens Brown Leather Suede High Top Sneakers shoes
- Dilize Men's Leather Lace up Oxford Brogue shoes for Wedding
- Molten gold Metallic Leather Sam Edelman Women's Stacie Heeled Sandal
- Summer Women Platform Sandals Gladiator High Heels Wedges Espadrilles shoes Open Toe Sandals
- Smilice Women Fashion Closed Square Toe Sandals T-Strap shoes Black
- Set adil Women's Classic Ballerina Flats Elastic Two Straps
- FizaiZifai Women Stylish Over Knee Boots
- Artfaerie Womens High Heel Ankle Boots Stiletto Heels Pointed Toe Booties Side Zipper Fashion Elegant Ladies shoes
- EnlaMorea Unisex Lightweight Fashion Sports Sneakers Gym Walking Trainers Running shoes
- Footwear Bedroom Winter Fashion shoes 2018 Women Slippers House Home Plush Slides Indoor Fur Furry
- Propet Women's Sunburst Walker Slide
Facing west toward the Front Range of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, The Vanguard School in Colorado Springs provides a dramatic foreground thanks to its royal blue sports field and the dome structure situated nearby. The 20,000-square foot Monolithic Dome houses twelve classrooms and two science labs for the school’s 215 seventh and eighth graders. “It looks cool,” says student Ciera. “A lot of people see it and wonder what that thing is and I get to tell them it’s the junior high building!”
I was not a bit afraid during Hurricane Michael. A South Florida newspaper said there were sustained winds of 185+ mph and gusts of 201 mph. I believe that as I watched the neighbor house explode and saw trees twist and fly apart. Debris pounded the dome viciously. My hurricane windows were fractured but held so no rain entered.
Schutz Womens Tracy Wild Leopard Sandstone Black 8.5 M
Hurricane Michael smashed a power transformer into Margaret Clayton’s caterpillar shaped Monolithic Dome home. The home is a few miles southeast of Mexico Beach in Port Saint Joe, Florida. Clayton stayed in her home during the hurricane. Everything was going well — until her neighbor’s house exploded.
Nike Metcon 2 Cross Training shoes
Manitobah Mukluks 20250 Slipper BlackWomen's sexy thigh high tube with belt platform shoes high heelsL'Amour des Pieds Womens Odetta
Hundreds of dome fans toured the Monolithic Dome Research Park on Saturday, October 20. After weeks of constant rain, the weather turned sunny, and it was a beautiful day. Even the with all the mud and standing water, people toured the offices, shops, and Bruco: The Texas Italian Caterpillar.
We haven’t reached any dome owners in the area hit by Hurricane Michael. The city manager of Panama City Beach, Florida, was on NPR this morning talking about the damage. He said his city fared okay, but the area around Mexico Beach — east of Panama City Beach — was devastated. Widespread power failures, destroyed cell towers, and damaged infrastructure is making communication difficult.
Years ago, a late night fire started next to a 10,000-ton urea storage in Channelview, Texas. It consumed three wood structures built against the Monolithic Dome. Over 300 gallons of transformer oil fueled the blaze. For an hour, strong winds blew the inferno directly over the dome.
Buffalo Womens 1339-14 Leather Black Trainers 9 US
Rachel Rachel Roy Fallyn Women's Platform shoesLaredo Women's Sugar and Spice
Asics Gel Kayano 23 Women's Running shoes - SS17
L'Amour des Pieds Women's Himar
Gabor Women's 65.850.27 Black Leather
There are so many domes around the Monolithic Dome Research Park that for the first time the Monolithic Dome Builders Workshop was held out-of-town — mostly. Over 20 students attended the Fall 2018 workshop. They built two, 20-foot diameter domes and one concrete-only Ecoshell in nearby Dawson, Texas.
Nine West Womens Kassidy Pony Wedge Pump
Salomon Women's Quest 4D 3 GTX W Backpacking Grey
Dome fan, Harry Maldonado, shared this video of his recent visit to a monolithic dome home in Colorado. We believe this home was constructed by Mert Hull near Colorado Springs.
Mizuno Women's Wave Paradox 4 Running shoes