A recently completed Monolithic Dome home shielded a family from a hurricane and came away unscathed. That’s the strength of a Monolithic Dome.
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Judy Lynne South — loving wife of David B. South and beloved mother of ten. She died in Waxahachie, Texas, on Monday, February 25, 2019.
Forecasts predicted Hurricane Michael would land in Panama City as a strong, but still manageable, Category 3 hurricane. Employees of the Humane Society of Bay County — along with their families, friends, cats, and dogs — spent the day preparing to ride out the hurricane under the protection of their Monolithic Dome. As everyone settled in for the night, no one expected anything too severe. Then Hurricane Michael intensified into the strongest hurricane to ever hit the Florida panhandle.
- Soda Raton-S Women's Sueded Peep Toe Fringe Western Chunky Stacked Heel Bootie
- UIN Women's Emily Canvas Casual Slip on shoes Multicolord
- AdeeSu Womens Dress Warm Lining Solid Leather Boots SXE04964
- Pleaser Womens XTREME-808MG C M Sandal
- Spring Step Women's Citrine Bootie color bluee Leather Bootie
- Rockport Work Men's Sailing Club RK6737 Slip On Boat shoes
- DUNION Women's Amy Rhinestone Strappy Stiletto High Heel Dress Sandal Party Prom Wedding shoes
- Adrienne Vittadini Womens Neeva Closed Toe Knee High Fashion Boots
- Jordan Air Imminent Mens 705077-012
- Paolo Bove Men's Napoli Chukka Boots Comfortable Lightweight
- Nike Men's Air Max Lunar90 Br Trainers
- Z.L.F Men's Leather shoes Fashion Brown Oxford Crocodile Skin Texture Upper Lace Up Breathable Business Lined shoes
- Men'S Pointed Leather shoes,Rhinestone Personality Men'S shoes,Nightclub Trend shoes,Hair Stylist Slip on Casual Men'S shoes,B,44
- Rocky Men's S2V Steel Toe Work Boot
- Reebok Men's Trainfusion Nine 3.0 Sneaker, Stark Grey White Primal Red, 6.5 D(M) US
- White bluee Lagoon Ghost Green Nike Women’s Air Max Thea Low-Top Sneakers, Black
Facing west toward the Front Range of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, The Vanguard School in Colorado Springs provides a dramatic foreground thanks to its royal blue sports field and the dome structure situated nearby. The 20,000-square foot Monolithic Dome houses twelve classrooms and two science labs for the school’s 215 seventh and eighth graders. “It looks cool,” says student Ciera. “A lot of people see it and wonder what that thing is and I get to tell them it’s the junior high building!”
I was not a bit afraid during Hurricane Michael. A South Florida newspaper said there were sustained winds of 185+ mph and gusts of 201 mph. I believe that as I watched the neighbor house explode and saw trees twist and fly apart. Debris pounded the dome viciously. My hurricane windows were fractured but held so no rain entered.
Swedish hasbeens Women's Zip It Emy Ankle Boot
Hurricane Michael smashed a power transformer into Margaret Clayton’s caterpillar shaped Monolithic Dome home. The home is a few miles southeast of Mexico Beach in Port Saint Joe, Florida. Clayton stayed in her home during the hurricane. Everything was going well — until her neighbor’s house exploded.
Dancine Serpenti Ballroom Latin Salsa Wedding Dance shoes,Double-Layer Heel Tip,3.9 10cm Nude
Fly London Women's Amie Rug Leather Zip Ankle Boot BlackILSE JACOBSEN Women's Apatite 200 Fashion SneakerMasaltos Height Increasing shoes for Men. Be Taller 7 cm 2.75 inches. Model Tamigi
Hundreds of dome fans toured the Monolithic Dome Research Park on Saturday, October 20. After weeks of constant rain, the weather turned sunny, and it was a beautiful day. Even the with all the mud and standing water, people toured the offices, shops, and Bruco: The Texas Italian Caterpillar.
We haven’t reached any dome owners in the area hit by Hurricane Michael. The city manager of Panama City Beach, Florida, was on NPR this morning talking about the damage. He said his city fared okay, but the area around Mexico Beach — east of Panama City Beach — was devastated. Widespread power failures, destroyed cell towers, and damaged infrastructure is making communication difficult.
Years ago, a late night fire started next to a 10,000-ton urea storage in Channelview, Texas. It consumed three wood structures built against the Monolithic Dome. Over 300 gallons of transformer oil fueled the blaze. For an hour, strong winds blew the inferno directly over the dome.
Columbia Men's Ventfreak Mid Outdry Hiking Boots
Dunham Men's Addison, Dark Brown, 7 4ETaos Footwear Women's Dandy Slip On
Gabor 21.611.62 Grey Wedge Sandal
Fly London Want Women's Sandal
Dexter Women's T.H.E 9 Wide Width Bowling shoes
There are so many domes around the Monolithic Dome Research Park that for the first time the Monolithic Dome Builders Workshop was held out-of-town — mostly. Over 20 students attended the Fall 2018 workshop. They built two, 20-foot diameter domes and one concrete-only Ecoshell in nearby Dawson, Texas.
Walking Cradles Women's Orleans Silver Glitter Fabric 7 M US
Supra Mens Owen Casual Sneaker shoes, Black Mesh, US 9
Dome fan, Harry Maldonado, shared this video of his recent visit to a monolithic dome home in Colorado. We believe this home was constructed by Mert Hull near Colorado Springs.
STEPHEN GOOD LONDON Women's 6008RED Red Suede Heels