A recently completed Monolithic Dome home shielded a family from a hurricane and came away unscathed. That’s the strength of a Monolithic Dome.
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Judy Lynne South — loving wife of David B. South and beloved mother of ten. She died in Waxahachie, Texas, on Monday, February 25, 2019.
Forecasts predicted Hurricane Michael would land in Panama City as a strong, but still manageable, Category 3 hurricane. Employees of the Humane Society of Bay County — along with their families, friends, cats, and dogs — spent the day preparing to ride out the hurricane under the protection of their Monolithic Dome. As everyone settled in for the night, no one expected anything too severe. Then Hurricane Michael intensified into the strongest hurricane to ever hit the Florida panhandle.
- New Balance Men's CM1600 Classics Red with Black & Purple Running shoes 9 Men US
- Nine Seven Genuine Leather Women's Pointed Toe Flat Chunky Heel Graceful Handmade Fashion Side Zip Buckle Decors Women Street Style Ankle Boots with Rivet
- DSQUARED2 Women's HSW0038553000012137 Silver Leather Sandals
- Antony Morato Men's MMFW01077LE500024GREEN Green Cotton Sneakers
- Nike Mens Aptare Essential Fabric Low Top Bungee Running Sneaker
- KMJBS Men's shoes Men'S shoes Spring shoes Casual shoes Small Leather shoes.
- Mizuno Wave Twister 4, Men's Volleyball shoes
- Cole Haan Men's Pinch Friday Penny Loafer
- Adidas D Lillard 3 Mens Basketball Sneakers shoes
- Natural Ollio Women's shoes Cut Out Tie-up Faux Suede Ankle Stiletto High Heel Booties
- New Women's Sandal Leather Flat Slope with Non-Slip Women's Sandals Casual Large Size Mother Sandals and Slippers Middle-Aged Women's shoes (color Red, Size 245)
- Women Platform Black Beige Flip Flops Height Increasing Wedge shoes Ladies Slippers
- Chaqlin Leisure Unisex Season shoes Breathable Soft Flat Walking Footwear for Womens Mens Size 35
- AmoonyFashion Women's High-Heels Soft Material Zipper Open Toe Platforms-Sandals
Facing west toward the Front Range of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, The Vanguard School in Colorado Springs provides a dramatic foreground thanks to its royal blue sports field and the dome structure situated nearby. The 20,000-square foot Monolithic Dome houses twelve classrooms and two science labs for the school’s 215 seventh and eighth graders. “It looks cool,” says student Ciera. “A lot of people see it and wonder what that thing is and I get to tell them it’s the junior high building!”
I was not a bit afraid during Hurricane Michael. A South Florida newspaper said there were sustained winds of 185+ mph and gusts of 201 mph. I believe that as I watched the neighbor house explode and saw trees twist and fly apart. Debris pounded the dome viciously. My hurricane windows were fractured but held so no rain entered.
Nike - WMNS Air Max 97-921733101
Hurricane Michael smashed a power transformer into Margaret Clayton’s caterpillar shaped Monolithic Dome home. The home is a few miles southeast of Mexico Beach in Port Saint Joe, Florida. Clayton stayed in her home during the hurricane. Everything was going well — until her neighbor’s house exploded.
Dmoshibei High Heeled Lady Pumps Shallow Pointed Toe Woman Party shoes Slip-on PU Leather
Nike Womens AF1 Upstep Hi LX Sequin High Top Fashion SneakersGeox D Mendi ST Q - D3490Q00043C9999Premiata Women's BETH2989 Beige Fabric Sneakers
Hundreds of dome fans toured the Monolithic Dome Research Park on Saturday, October 20. After weeks of constant rain, the weather turned sunny, and it was a beautiful day. Even the with all the mud and standing water, people toured the offices, shops, and Bruco: The Texas Italian Caterpillar.
We haven’t reached any dome owners in the area hit by Hurricane Michael. The city manager of Panama City Beach, Florida, was on NPR this morning talking about the damage. He said his city fared okay, but the area around Mexico Beach — east of Panama City Beach — was devastated. Widespread power failures, destroyed cell towers, and damaged infrastructure is making communication difficult.
Years ago, a late night fire started next to a 10,000-ton urea storage in Channelview, Texas. It consumed three wood structures built against the Monolithic Dome. Over 300 gallons of transformer oil fueled the blaze. For an hour, strong winds blew the inferno directly over the dome.
Geox New Vega B ABX
Thirtytwo Tm-Two XLT Women's '18 Snowboard Boots, Black Purple, 8MSGM Women's 2042MDS62014 Multicolor Fabric Sandals
VIA ROMA 15 Women's VR2512gold gold Leather Loafers
Ash Women's ADAPT04 Black Leather Sandals
Rieker Celia L1751 Brown Ladies Loafers
There are so many domes around the Monolithic Dome Research Park that for the first time the Monolithic Dome Builders Workshop was held out-of-town — mostly. Over 20 students attended the Fall 2018 workshop. They built two, 20-foot diameter domes and one concrete-only Ecoshell in nearby Dawson, Texas.
JANET&JANET Women's 43604000003 Black Leather Sandals
Arche Women's Laius in black Souan Metallic Crackle Leather - Black - Size 36 M
Dome fan, Harry Maldonado, shared this video of his recent visit to a monolithic dome home in Colorado. We believe this home was constructed by Mert Hull near Colorado Springs.
Kendall + Kylie Britney Women US 8.5 Multi color Heels