A recently completed Monolithic Dome home shielded a family from a hurricane and came away unscathed. That’s the strength of a Monolithic Dome.
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Judy Lynne South — loving wife of David B. South and beloved mother of ten. She died in Waxahachie, Texas, on Monday, February 25, 2019.
Forecasts predicted Hurricane Michael would land in Panama City as a strong, but still manageable, Category 3 hurricane. Employees of the Humane Society of Bay County — along with their families, friends, cats, and dogs — spent the day preparing to ride out the hurricane under the protection of their Monolithic Dome. As everyone settled in for the night, no one expected anything too severe. Then Hurricane Michael intensified into the strongest hurricane to ever hit the Florida panhandle.
- AdeeSu Womens Chunky Heels Fur Collar Zipper Frosted Boots
- Mrsdressshop Adult Lace-up Tap Dance shoes for Fashion Women,Ladies,Girls
- O-NEX Onex Womens Charlie Leather Open Toe Casual Platform Sandals
- Women's shoes PVC Europe And The United States Women High-heeled Sandals Slippers Summer Light Up shoes Heels Stiletto Heel Sandals
- Naturalizer Womens Gadget Snake Print Loafers
- Clarks Women's Tri Amelia shoes
- TSLA TF-T330-LGO_Men 7.5 D(M) Men's Outdoor Sneakers Trail Running shoes T330
- Clarks Dinah Keer - Pewter Metallic (Leather) Womens Heels
- Rocky Men's 6 SilentHunter Waterproof Insulated Outdoor Boot-RKYS113
- Georgia Giant Men’s Romeo Slip-On Work shoes
- AM shoes Mens Leather Plain Toe Lace Up Boot shoes
- Clarks Mens CLK-Gilman Lace-M Gilman Lace
- LOVDRAM Men'S Leather shoes Large Size 47 Autumn Warm Lacquer Leather Bright Face Personality Wild High-Top shoes Men'S Hair Stylist Fashion shoes
- Trespass Tennant, Men's Multisport Outdoor shoes
- Skechers USA Men's Garver-Selmo Sandal, Olive, 10 M US
- Silver Metallic Naturalizer Women's Arianna
Facing west toward the Front Range of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, The Vanguard School in Colorado Springs provides a dramatic foreground thanks to its royal blue sports field and the dome structure situated nearby. The 20,000-square foot Monolithic Dome houses twelve classrooms and two science labs for the school’s 215 seventh and eighth graders. “It looks cool,” says student Ciera. “A lot of people see it and wonder what that thing is and I get to tell them it’s the junior high building!”
I was not a bit afraid during Hurricane Michael. A South Florida newspaper said there were sustained winds of 185+ mph and gusts of 201 mph. I believe that as I watched the neighbor house explode and saw trees twist and fly apart. Debris pounded the dome viciously. My hurricane windows were fractured but held so no rain entered.
PONS QUINTANA Women's 7369K01 Grey Leather Lace-Up shoes
Hurricane Michael smashed a power transformer into Margaret Clayton’s caterpillar shaped Monolithic Dome home. The home is a few miles southeast of Mexico Beach in Port Saint Joe, Florida. Clayton stayed in her home during the hurricane. Everything was going well — until her neighbor’s house exploded.
Icebug Women's DTS4 BUGrip Running shoes
Ash Women's PATTAYA03BLACK Black Leather SandalsJ D JULIE DEE Women's MCBI32881 Brown Suede BootsT-JULY New Women Over The Knee Sexy Boots Soft Genuine Leather Round Toe Flat Sheepskin Back Stretch Thigh High Boots
Hundreds of dome fans toured the Monolithic Dome Research Park on Saturday, October 20. After weeks of constant rain, the weather turned sunny, and it was a beautiful day. Even the with all the mud and standing water, people toured the offices, shops, and Bruco: The Texas Italian Caterpillar.
We haven’t reached any dome owners in the area hit by Hurricane Michael. The city manager of Panama City Beach, Florida, was on NPR this morning talking about the damage. He said his city fared okay, but the area around Mexico Beach — east of Panama City Beach — was devastated. Widespread power failures, destroyed cell towers, and damaged infrastructure is making communication difficult.
Years ago, a late night fire started next to a 10,000-ton urea storage in Channelview, Texas. It consumed three wood structures built against the Monolithic Dome. Over 300 gallons of transformer oil fueled the blaze. For an hour, strong winds blew the inferno directly over the dome.
Think - Think Guad Anthrazit Soft Calf
Robert Clergerie Women's Feydoj OxfordGabor Women's 03-700 Toe Loop Sandal
Tod's Women's Leather Lace-up shoes
Arche Women's 'Enexor' in Iron
Bernie Mev Womens Sy708 Fashion Boot
There are so many domes around the Monolithic Dome Research Park that for the first time the Monolithic Dome Builders Workshop was held out-of-town — mostly. Over 20 students attended the Fall 2018 workshop. They built two, 20-foot diameter domes and one concrete-only Ecoshell in nearby Dawson, Texas.
Easy Street Kristen Slingback Pumps Black Patent 7 W
Loeffler Randall Womens Estelle-ks Pump
Dome fan, Harry Maldonado, shared this video of his recent visit to a monolithic dome home in Colorado. We believe this home was constructed by Mert Hull near Colorado Springs.
Grenson Womens Izzie Ankle Boot