A recently completed Monolithic Dome home shielded a family from a hurricane and came away unscathed. That’s the strength of a Monolithic Dome.
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Judy Lynne South — loving wife of David B. South and beloved mother of ten. She died in Waxahachie, Texas, on Monday, February 25, 2019.
Forecasts predicted Hurricane Michael would land in Panama City as a strong, but still manageable, Category 3 hurricane. Employees of the Humane Society of Bay County — along with their families, friends, cats, and dogs — spent the day preparing to ride out the hurricane under the protection of their Monolithic Dome. As everyone settled in for the night, no one expected anything too severe. Then Hurricane Michael intensified into the strongest hurricane to ever hit the Florida panhandle.
- TongLing Men's Fashion Oxford Casual Comfortable Low-top Front Lace-up with Metal Eyelets Patent Leather British Leisure shoes Fashion Slipper Men's Leather shoes
- ECCO shoes Men's Offroad Yucatan Sandal, Tarmac, 47 M EU (12.5-13 US)
- TRAQ by Alegria Qin Womens Smart Walking shoes
- Nike Women's Zoom Structure +17 Running shoes
- Saborz Black Lace Metal Stilettos Heels Thigh High Boots for Women Platform Long shoes Women
- U.S. Polo Men Sneakers shoes Grey Running Trainers
- GAOLIXIA Men's Leather Breathable Sandals Summer Hollow Slippers Comfortable Outdoor Casual shoes Fashion Durable Beach shoes
- Armani Exchange Men's's Lace Up Sneaker with Logo Low-Top
- Santimon Chelsea Men Boots Ankle Smart Leather Pull On Fashion Brogue Formal Business Casual shoes Boot Black
- Black (Lining short plush) AnMengXinLing Fashion Knee High Boots Women Block Low Heel Glitter Leather Party Wedding Boots Square Toe Side Zipper Dress Pumps shoes
- So iLL Street LV Half & Half Climbing shoes
- 8 10 12CM Patent Leather Point Toe Women shoes Pump shoes Dress High Heel shoes
- BalaMasa Girls Chunky Heels Platform Low-Cut Uppers Imitated Suede Pumps-shoes
- Matari Women's Wedge Heels Simple Style Buckle Sandals
Facing west toward the Front Range of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, The Vanguard School in Colorado Springs provides a dramatic foreground thanks to its royal blue sports field and the dome structure situated nearby. The 20,000-square foot Monolithic Dome houses twelve classrooms and two science labs for the school’s 215 seventh and eighth graders. “It looks cool,” says student Ciera. “A lot of people see it and wonder what that thing is and I get to tell them it’s the junior high building!”
I was not a bit afraid during Hurricane Michael. A South Florida newspaper said there were sustained winds of 185+ mph and gusts of 201 mph. I believe that as I watched the neighbor house explode and saw trees twist and fly apart. Debris pounded the dome viciously. My hurricane windows were fractured but held so no rain entered.
Autumn And Winter Men shoes Handmade Soft End England Wild Casual shoes Peas shoes
Hurricane Michael smashed a power transformer into Margaret Clayton’s caterpillar shaped Monolithic Dome home. The home is a few miles southeast of Mexico Beach in Port Saint Joe, Florida. Clayton stayed in her home during the hurricane. Everything was going well — until her neighbor’s house exploded.
GTYMFH Classic Oxford Men's Real Leather shoes with Leather Soles
Puma Tsugi Shinsei Raw Trainers blueeJIALUN-shoes Men's Simple Fashion Oxford Casual Comfortable Low-top Pure color Lace Up Round Toe Formal shoesConverse CTAS Slip on Ox, Unisex Adults’ Low-Top Sneakers
Hundreds of dome fans toured the Monolithic Dome Research Park on Saturday, October 20. After weeks of constant rain, the weather turned sunny, and it was a beautiful day. Even the with all the mud and standing water, people toured the offices, shops, and Bruco: The Texas Italian Caterpillar.
We haven’t reached any dome owners in the area hit by Hurricane Michael. The city manager of Panama City Beach, Florida, was on NPR this morning talking about the damage. He said his city fared okay, but the area around Mexico Beach — east of Panama City Beach — was devastated. Widespread power failures, destroyed cell towers, and damaged infrastructure is making communication difficult.
Years ago, a late night fire started next to a 10,000-ton urea storage in Channelview, Texas. It consumed three wood structures built against the Monolithic Dome. Over 300 gallons of transformer oil fueled the blaze. For an hour, strong winds blew the inferno directly over the dome.
SRY-shoes Men's Simple Fashion Oxford Casual Comfortable Low-top Pure color Lace Up Round Toe Formal shoes
LOVDRAM Boots Men's Men'S shoes Autumn shoes Retro Boots Men Chelsea Booties Desert Pu High Help Martin BootsSaucony Jazz Original Sports shoes Pink SK159614Y
Wrangler Men shoes WM171005 ICAN Marino
LOVDRAM Men'S shoes, Autumn, shoes, Hand-Stitched Men'S shoes, Non-Slip Wear-Resistant, High-Rise, Single shoes
Propét Mens Four Points MID II-M Four Points Mid Ii-m
There are so many domes around the Monolithic Dome Research Park that for the first time the Monolithic Dome Builders Workshop was held out-of-town — mostly. Over 20 students attended the Fall 2018 workshop. They built two, 20-foot diameter domes and one concrete-only Ecoshell in nearby Dawson, Texas.
XUE Men's shoes, Fall, Loafers & Slip-Ons Driving shoes Hair Stylist Nightclub,Personality Night Club Stage Comfortable For Wedding Party & Evening (color A, Size 38)
DorisAA-MS Men Leather Loafer shoes Business Oxford For Men Driving Penny Loafer Slip On Leather Antisilp Boat shoes Loafer shoes (color Khaki, Size 9 UK)
Dome fan, Harry Maldonado, shared this video of his recent visit to a monolithic dome home in Colorado. We believe this home was constructed by Mert Hull near Colorado Springs.
Kalra Creations Men's Traditional Handmade Mojari Jutti Indian Casual shoes