A recently completed Monolithic Dome home shielded a family from a hurricane and came away unscathed. That’s the strength of a Monolithic Dome.
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Judy Lynne South — loving wife of David B. South and beloved mother of ten. She died in Waxahachie, Texas, on Monday, February 25, 2019.
Forecasts predicted Hurricane Michael would land in Panama City as a strong, but still manageable, Category 3 hurricane. Employees of the Humane Society of Bay County — along with their families, friends, cats, and dogs — spent the day preparing to ride out the hurricane under the protection of their Monolithic Dome. As everyone settled in for the night, no one expected anything too severe. Then Hurricane Michael intensified into the strongest hurricane to ever hit the Florida panhandle.
- Gaastra Women's Pilar Sue PRF W Trainers
- Women's Fashion Rivets Square Head Ballet Flats Soft Walking shoes Casual Slip-on Loafers Dress shoes
- WeenFashion Women's Studded Pu Low-Heels Pull-On Round-Toe Boots, AMGXW040286
- Elegant Women's Sandals, High Heels Open Toe Sandals Block Heel Thick Heel Pumps Sandals Cross Ankle Strap Buckle Square Head Non-Slip Party Wedding shoes
- Women's Elegant Platform Stilettos High Heel Ankle Strappy Crystal Evening Dress Sandals Fashion shoes
- BalaMasa Womens Chunky Heels Multilayer Metal Strap Pointed-Toe Patent-Leather Boots ABL11110
- Softinos Tee430sf Washed Leather Womens Sandal
- Lady Slippers Home Interior Fashion Non Sip Men Keep Warm Casual Slippers for Men Purple Beige Slippers Living Room shoes
- Kenneth Cole New York Mens Reflect Lace Up Oxford
- Cole Haan Men's Keaton Moc Toe Bit WP II Fashion Boot, Woodbury WP
- Original Penguin LIME PEN0278 Mens Lace Ups
- Men's Sports Sneakers Casual Athletic shoes Lace up Microfiber Leather Outdoor Sports Running Sneakers Cricket shoes
- Kempa Boys’ Attack Three Contender Handball shoes
- Florsheim Men's Oval Penny Driver Brown Smooth Loafer
- Adidas Originals Zx 700 Lifestyle Running Sneaker,black light Solid Grey black,4 M Us, Corred Ftwwht Energy, 4 D(M) US
- Tan Cheetah Imsu Cambridge Select Women's Classic Open Toe Ankle Strap Stiletto High Heel Sandal
Facing west toward the Front Range of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, The Vanguard School in Colorado Springs provides a dramatic foreground thanks to its royal blue sports field and the dome structure situated nearby. The 20,000-square foot Monolithic Dome houses twelve classrooms and two science labs for the school’s 215 seventh and eighth graders. “It looks cool,” says student Ciera. “A lot of people see it and wonder what that thing is and I get to tell them it’s the junior high building!”
I was not a bit afraid during Hurricane Michael. A South Florida newspaper said there were sustained winds of 185+ mph and gusts of 201 mph. I believe that as I watched the neighbor house explode and saw trees twist and fly apart. Debris pounded the dome viciously. My hurricane windows were fractured but held so no rain entered.
GUOPIN Summer Leather Sandals Men's Fashion Beach shoes Matte Comfortable Baotou Handmade shoes
Hurricane Michael smashed a power transformer into Margaret Clayton’s caterpillar shaped Monolithic Dome home. The home is a few miles southeast of Mexico Beach in Port Saint Joe, Florida. Clayton stayed in her home during the hurricane. Everything was going well — until her neighbor’s house exploded.
Skechers Marter-Life Changer Mens Casual Smart Leather Lace Up Memory Foam shoes
Couple shoes Men's Velcro Basketball shoes High School Student Sporting Sneakers FlexibleJACKSHIBO Men's Warm Snow Boots Winter Anti-Skid Outdoor shoes with Soft WoolAdidas Cloudfoam Swift Racer, Men’s Running shoes
Hundreds of dome fans toured the Monolithic Dome Research Park on Saturday, October 20. After weeks of constant rain, the weather turned sunny, and it was a beautiful day. Even the with all the mud and standing water, people toured the offices, shops, and Bruco: The Texas Italian Caterpillar.
We haven’t reached any dome owners in the area hit by Hurricane Michael. The city manager of Panama City Beach, Florida, was on NPR this morning talking about the damage. He said his city fared okay, but the area around Mexico Beach — east of Panama City Beach — was devastated. Widespread power failures, destroyed cell towers, and damaged infrastructure is making communication difficult.
Years ago, a late night fire started next to a 10,000-ton urea storage in Channelview, Texas. It consumed three wood structures built against the Monolithic Dome. Over 300 gallons of transformer oil fueled the blaze. For an hour, strong winds blew the inferno directly over the dome.
LINYI Men'S Genuine Leather Casual Martin Boots First Floor Cowhide Pure Wool Tooling shoes
Puma Future Disc Lite Running shoesJIALUN-shoes Men's Business Loafer Genuine Leather shoes Fashion Casual Elastic Gored Panel Flat Slip On Round Toe Lined Oxford
RENMEN Four seasons Breathable flying woven men's sports casual shoes wild trend large size men's shoes tide shoes 39-47, white
Lezaigou Handsome adjustable strait lock
Autumn Men's shoes British Fashion Men's shoes Suede Breathable shoes
There are so many domes around the Monolithic Dome Research Park that for the first time the Monolithic Dome Builders Workshop was held out-of-town — mostly. Over 20 students attended the Fall 2018 workshop. They built two, 20-foot diameter domes and one concrete-only Ecoshell in nearby Dawson, Texas.
Geox Men's U Arrall D Desert Boots
LOVDRAM Boots Men's Autumn High shoes In The Desert Boots Boots Tooling Boots Wild Martin Boots Men Winter Warm
Dome fan, Harry Maldonado, shared this video of his recent visit to a monolithic dome home in Colorado. We believe this home was constructed by Mert Hull near Colorado Springs.
CHENJUAN shoes Men's Leisure Round-Toe Ankle Boots Gentleman Suede Genuine Leather High-Top Work shoes (One Size Larger)