A recently completed Monolithic Dome home shielded a family from a hurricane and came away unscathed. That’s the strength of a Monolithic Dome.
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Judy Lynne South — loving wife of David B. South and beloved mother of ten. She died in Waxahachie, Texas, on Monday, February 25, 2019.
Forecasts predicted Hurricane Michael would land in Panama City as a strong, but still manageable, Category 3 hurricane. Employees of the Humane Society of Bay County — along with their families, friends, cats, and dogs — spent the day preparing to ride out the hurricane under the protection of their Monolithic Dome. As everyone settled in for the night, no one expected anything too severe. Then Hurricane Michael intensified into the strongest hurricane to ever hit the Florida panhandle.
- Twisted X Boots Women's WDM0004
- DuPont Tyvek IsoClean IC457S Boot Cover, Large, White, (Pack of 100)
- MBT Loafers-shoes Mens Leather Purple
- CORRAL Women's Turquoise Glitter Inlay Boot R1255
- Journey West Men's Vintage Velvet Loafers with Embroidery Loafers Men Smoking Slippers Men Black Red bluee
- Oudan 2018 Men Business Brogue shoes PU Leather Upper Tassel Pendant Slip-on Wingtip Decoration Breathable Sole Oxfords (color Brown, Size 40 EU) (color Black, Size 42 EU)
- ZYFXZ Work shoes Outdoor hiking autumn sports shoes, non-slip breathable men's wear-resistant shock-absorbing travel shoes safety shoes (color A, Size 40)
- ASICS Men's Gel-Tactic M Volleyball shoes
- Skechers Men's LARKEN-VOLCEN Monk-Strap Loafer, Black, 10 Medium US
- Dark Brown Caterpillar Mens Scaffold Wp Nano Toe Black Industrial & Construction shoes
- Mofri Women's Ankle Strap Pumps- Sweet Rhinestone Low Cut Round Toe - Buckle Block Medium Heel shoes
- WeiPoot Women Open Toe High Heel Spikes Stilettos Sheepskin Soft Material Solid Sandals with Sequin, pinkred, 7.5 B(M) US
- Mark Lemp Classics Womens Zuzu Peep Toe Ballet Flats
- TAOFFEN Women Winter Warm shoes Low Heel Over Knee Snow Boots Zipper
Facing west toward the Front Range of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, The Vanguard School in Colorado Springs provides a dramatic foreground thanks to its royal blue sports field and the dome structure situated nearby. The 20,000-square foot Monolithic Dome houses twelve classrooms and two science labs for the school’s 215 seventh and eighth graders. “It looks cool,” says student Ciera. “A lot of people see it and wonder what that thing is and I get to tell them it’s the junior high building!”
I was not a bit afraid during Hurricane Michael. A South Florida newspaper said there were sustained winds of 185+ mph and gusts of 201 mph. I believe that as I watched the neighbor house explode and saw trees twist and fly apart. Debris pounded the dome viciously. My hurricane windows were fractured but held so no rain entered.
Trainers YIXINY 8539 Spring And Autumn Fashion Breathable Wear Sports And Leisure Men's shoes (color Black, Size EU39 UK6 CN39)
Hurricane Michael smashed a power transformer into Margaret Clayton’s caterpillar shaped Monolithic Dome home. The home is a few miles southeast of Mexico Beach in Port Saint Joe, Florida. Clayton stayed in her home during the hurricane. Everything was going well — until her neighbor’s house exploded.
Workwear World WW365 Performance Workwear Safety Trainer shoes with Steel Toecap & Composite Midsole Size
Easy Go Shopping Slippers Men Casual Sandals Slip On Style OX Leather Half A Towed shoes Pure colors (Hollow Optional) Cricket shoes (color Black, Size 9 UK)Converse Women's Pro Leather Lp Metallic Ox Low-Top SneakersSHOESDQ Men's Running shoes Fashion Sneakers Four Seasons Leisure
Hundreds of dome fans toured the Monolithic Dome Research Park on Saturday, October 20. After weeks of constant rain, the weather turned sunny, and it was a beautiful day. Even the with all the mud and standing water, people toured the offices, shops, and Bruco: The Texas Italian Caterpillar.
We haven’t reached any dome owners in the area hit by Hurricane Michael. The city manager of Panama City Beach, Florida, was on NPR this morning talking about the damage. He said his city fared okay, but the area around Mexico Beach — east of Panama City Beach — was devastated. Widespread power failures, destroyed cell towers, and damaged infrastructure is making communication difficult.
Years ago, a late night fire started next to a 10,000-ton urea storage in Channelview, Texas. It consumed three wood structures built against the Monolithic Dome. Over 300 gallons of transformer oil fueled the blaze. For an hour, strong winds blew the inferno directly over the dome.
Leather Men's Martin Boots Round Scallop Boots Short Boots Men's shoes
Nike Men's Arrowz Fitness shoesDANDANJIE Men And Women Basketball shoes Couple Trainer Sneakers Running shoes
Reebok Lifestyle Mens Club C 85 MU
QRETYSG flip flop New Summer EVA Massage Slippers Men Sandals Fashion Hollow Out Breathable Beach Slippers Flip Flops
LOVDRAM Boots Men's New Men'S shoes Men'S Business Casual shoes Autumn Fashion Single shoes Leather Men'S Leather shoes
There are so many domes around the Monolithic Dome Research Park that for the first time the Monolithic Dome Builders Workshop was held out-of-town — mostly. Over 20 students attended the Fall 2018 workshop. They built two, 20-foot diameter domes and one concrete-only Ecoshell in nearby Dawson, Texas.
PUMA Men's Easy Rider Sneaker
Easy Go Shopping Athletic shoes For Men Knit Sports shoes Lace Up Mesh Cloth and Splicing OX Leather Breathable Cricket shoes (color White, Size 6.5 UK)
Dome fan, Harry Maldonado, shared this video of his recent visit to a monolithic dome home in Colorado. We believe this home was constructed by Mert Hull near Colorado Springs.
Adidas Men's Questar BYD Running shoes