A recently completed Monolithic Dome home shielded a family from a hurricane and came away unscathed. That’s the strength of a Monolithic Dome.
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Judy Lynne South — loving wife of David B. South and beloved mother of ten. She died in Waxahachie, Texas, on Monday, February 25, 2019.
Forecasts predicted Hurricane Michael would land in Panama City as a strong, but still manageable, Category 3 hurricane. Employees of the Humane Society of Bay County — along with their families, friends, cats, and dogs — spent the day preparing to ride out the hurricane under the protection of their Monolithic Dome. As everyone settled in for the night, no one expected anything too severe. Then Hurricane Michael intensified into the strongest hurricane to ever hit the Florida panhandle.
- Nike Mens Zoom Speed Trainer 2 Grey Textile Trainers Size 10.5 US
- Anna by Anuschka Anuschka Women's Printed Diya Lace up Espadrille, Floating Feathers Ivory
- VOILE whiteHE Women's 1Q23001201350803 White Leather Sneakers
- Men's Simple Comfortable with Rounded Toe Low Top Lace up Leisure Big Size shoes Business Oxfords Casual
- Step n Style Mens Punjabi Jutti Sherwani shoes Copper Cut Work Zari Khussa shoes Handmade Ethnic Footwear
- Vans Unisex Adults' U Authentic Decon Leather Sneakers
- AGOS Mens Penny Strap Mules Open Back Loafer Slip-On Dress Slippers
- White Legend bluee-Black Jordan Air Jordan 11 Retro Low Big Kids
- Adidas Harden B E shoes - Unisex Basketball
- Nine West Women's Leslie Fashion Sandals
- Mo Joc Women Dressy Pumps with Ankle Straps
- Sunlome Sunflowers Print Women's Leather Tote Shoulder Bags Handbags
- Crystal Flip Flops Women shoes Platform Flats Beach shoes Casual slipper
- My Little Nest Women's Top Handle Satchel Handbag The Best Restaurant Ladies PU Leather Shoulder Bag Crossbody Bag
- WeenFashion Women's Buckle Low Heels Blend Materials Solid Open Toe Sandals
- Drew Toby Women Pumps Crystal Butterfly-Knot Shallow Wedding Suede Pointed Toe High Heels
Facing west toward the Front Range of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, The Vanguard School in Colorado Springs provides a dramatic foreground thanks to its royal blue sports field and the dome structure situated nearby. The 20,000-square foot Monolithic Dome houses twelve classrooms and two science labs for the school’s 215 seventh and eighth graders. “It looks cool,” says student Ciera. “A lot of people see it and wonder what that thing is and I get to tell them it’s the junior high building!”
I was not a bit afraid during Hurricane Michael. A South Florida newspaper said there were sustained winds of 185+ mph and gusts of 201 mph. I believe that as I watched the neighbor house explode and saw trees twist and fly apart. Debris pounded the dome viciously. My hurricane windows were fractured but held so no rain entered.
LOVDRAM Boots Men's Men'S shoes Cotton Boots High To Help Men Thick Martin Boots Fashion Winter Warm Military Boots Short Boots Men
Hurricane Michael smashed a power transformer into Margaret Clayton’s caterpillar shaped Monolithic Dome home. The home is a few miles southeast of Mexico Beach in Port Saint Joe, Florida. Clayton stayed in her home during the hurricane. Everything was going well — until her neighbor’s house exploded.
Plein Sport Men's Slippers Sandals Rubber Black Soul Grey
Pinko Sneaker Sequins - Sequins Sneaker 1H207H Y23Z - 37(EU) - 4UK(EU) - White, PinkDockers by Gerli Men’s 38eb004-201394 TrainersGeox Men’s U Giona B Mocassins
Hundreds of dome fans toured the Monolithic Dome Research Park on Saturday, October 20. After weeks of constant rain, the weather turned sunny, and it was a beautiful day. Even the with all the mud and standing water, people toured the offices, shops, and Bruco: The Texas Italian Caterpillar.
We haven’t reached any dome owners in the area hit by Hurricane Michael. The city manager of Panama City Beach, Florida, was on NPR this morning talking about the damage. He said his city fared okay, but the area around Mexico Beach — east of Panama City Beach — was devastated. Widespread power failures, destroyed cell towers, and damaged infrastructure is making communication difficult.
Years ago, a late night fire started next to a 10,000-ton urea storage in Channelview, Texas. It consumed three wood structures built against the Monolithic Dome. Over 300 gallons of transformer oil fueled the blaze. For an hour, strong winds blew the inferno directly over the dome.
Adidas Men's Crazyquick 2.0 High Wide 2 Football Cleats
Fuxitoggo 2018 Men's Ankle Boots High Top Comfortable Simple Cotton Warm Casual Work shoes (Conventional optional) (color Wark Black, size 45 EU) (color Black, Size 45 EU)Florsheim Men's Capital Plain-Toe Zip Boot
IGI&CO shoes men low sneakers 7716 00 BEIGE
Abeba Sicherheitsschuhe uni6 1781 Halbschuh S2 Küchengeeignet Stahlkappe, Unisex Adults’ Safety shoes
LOVDRAM Men'S Leather shoes Men'S shoes Summer Tide shoes New Men'S Casual shoes Korean Version Of The Trend Of Summer shoes Fashion Wild shoes Men
There are so many domes around the Monolithic Dome Research Park that for the first time the Monolithic Dome Builders Workshop was held out-of-town — mostly. Over 20 students attended the Fall 2018 workshop. They built two, 20-foot diameter domes and one concrete-only Ecoshell in nearby Dawson, Texas.
Adidas Men's Cloudfoam City Racer Sneakers
Lloyd Men’s Eastman Classic Lace-Up Half shoes
Dome fan, Harry Maldonado, shared this video of his recent visit to a monolithic dome home in Colorado. We believe this home was constructed by Mert Hull near Colorado Springs.
Trussardi Jeans Men's 77A00089 Fashion Sandals Brown Size