A recently completed Monolithic Dome home shielded a family from a hurricane and came away unscathed. That’s the strength of a Monolithic Dome.
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Judy Lynne South — loving wife of David B. South and beloved mother of ten. She died in Waxahachie, Texas, on Monday, February 25, 2019.
Forecasts predicted Hurricane Michael would land in Panama City as a strong, but still manageable, Category 3 hurricane. Employees of the Humane Society of Bay County — along with their families, friends, cats, and dogs — spent the day preparing to ride out the hurricane under the protection of their Monolithic Dome. As everyone settled in for the night, no one expected anything too severe. Then Hurricane Michael intensified into the strongest hurricane to ever hit the Florida panhandle.
- Men High Heel Dress shoes 3 Inch Height Taller Leather Black Cap Toe-JW503
- INC International Concepts Women's Macawi Embellished Flat Sandals pink Size 11 M US
- Liu Jo Women's LIUJOS67175 Black Leather Ankle Boots
- Oudan Men's Moccasins shoes, Men Driving Penny Loafers Genuine Leather Boot Lightweight Moccasins (color Wine, Size 49 EU) (color As shown, Size One size)
- Ellesse Emeric Black Whisper EL82941205, Trainers
- G’z Men's Hiking shoes,Artificial Pu Fall Winter Outdoor Climbing Sneakers,Slip-Ons Running shoes,Casual shoes Travel shoes
- Stabilus Adults’ 2511 Safety shoes
- Black Lauren Ralph Lauren Women's
- Reebok Men's Speed Tr Cross Trainer, White Bunker bluee, 6.5 M US
- 2018 Comfortable Warm shoes Women Boots Winter Short Plush Boots Mid-Calf Boots Lady Boots
- CularAcci Women Casual Mid Heel Pumps shoes
- Europe, The United States and The Large Number of Women shoes Flip Flops
- Tassel High Heel Women Thin shoes Fluff Low-cut Wedding shoes Plus Size black 39
- My Little Nest Women's Top Handle Satchel Handbag Abstract Skull Constellation Ladies PU Leather Shoulder Bag Crossbody Bag
- TDA Women's Fashion Crown Tassel Wedding Party Stiletto Pumps
- Summer White Cross Strap Ruffle High Heel Sandals,White,35
Facing west toward the Front Range of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, The Vanguard School in Colorado Springs provides a dramatic foreground thanks to its royal blue sports field and the dome structure situated nearby. The 20,000-square foot Monolithic Dome houses twelve classrooms and two science labs for the school’s 215 seventh and eighth graders. “It looks cool,” says student Ciera. “A lot of people see it and wonder what that thing is and I get to tell them it’s the junior high building!”
I was not a bit afraid during Hurricane Michael. A South Florida newspaper said there were sustained winds of 185+ mph and gusts of 201 mph. I believe that as I watched the neighbor house explode and saw trees twist and fly apart. Debris pounded the dome viciously. My hurricane windows were fractured but held so no rain entered.
WeenFashion Women's Kitten-Heels Frosted Solid Lace-up Square-Toe Pumps-shoes
Hurricane Michael smashed a power transformer into Margaret Clayton’s caterpillar shaped Monolithic Dome home. The home is a few miles southeast of Mexico Beach in Port Saint Joe, Florida. Clayton stayed in her home during the hurricane. Everything was going well — until her neighbor’s house exploded.
T-JULY Women Increasing Height Casual Slip On Moccasins Platform High Wedges shoes Women Fashion Footwear
ABBY Products Abby 7111 Womens Salsa Dance shoes Latin Tango Cha-Cha Ballroom Party Wedding Sudue Sole Kitten Heel Peep Toe Satin Ankle StrapYP-fashion Women Slippers Hemp Weave Pointed Toe Flat Tassel shoes Woman Summer Slides Flip FlopRizaBina Women Pull On Long Boots Block Heels
Hundreds of dome fans toured the Monolithic Dome Research Park on Saturday, October 20. After weeks of constant rain, the weather turned sunny, and it was a beautiful day. Even the with all the mud and standing water, people toured the offices, shops, and Bruco: The Texas Italian Caterpillar.
We haven’t reached any dome owners in the area hit by Hurricane Michael. The city manager of Panama City Beach, Florida, was on NPR this morning talking about the damage. He said his city fared okay, but the area around Mexico Beach — east of Panama City Beach — was devastated. Widespread power failures, destroyed cell towers, and damaged infrastructure is making communication difficult.
Years ago, a late night fire started next to a 10,000-ton urea storage in Channelview, Texas. It consumed three wood structures built against the Monolithic Dome. Over 300 gallons of transformer oil fueled the blaze. For an hour, strong winds blew the inferno directly over the dome.
pink town Women's Pointy Toe High Mid Heel Sexy Ankle Strap Sandals Ballerina Dress shoes
Havaianas Womens Allure Maxi Thong Fashion Flip-FlopsCotswold Womens Leoni Lace Up Canadian Boot Purple Size UK 5 EU 38
Agodor Womens Stiletto High Heels Wedding Ankle Strap Pumps Pointed Toe Elegant Sandals Party Summer shoes
SaraIris Women's Glitter Leather Pointed Toe Stiletto High Heels Slip on Elegant Party Pumps shoes
Winner Home Slippers Soft Comfortable for Women
There are so many domes around the Monolithic Dome Research Park that for the first time the Monolithic Dome Builders Workshop was held out-of-town — mostly. Over 20 students attended the Fall 2018 workshop. They built two, 20-foot diameter domes and one concrete-only Ecoshell in nearby Dawson, Texas.
Ms. Summer high-Heeled Sandals Minimalist Wedding Buckle Straps Sandals
JOURNEI Double Buckle Flat Sandals Slides for Women Girls's Slippers
Dome fan, Harry Maldonado, shared this video of his recent visit to a monolithic dome home in Colorado. We believe this home was constructed by Mert Hull near Colorado Springs.
Unm Women's High Heel Sandals with Zipper - Fringed Rhinestone Open Toe - Stilettos Ankle Strap Party