A recently completed Monolithic Dome home shielded a family from a hurricane and came away unscathed. That’s the strength of a Monolithic Dome.
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Judy Lynne South — loving wife of David B. South and beloved mother of ten. She died in Waxahachie, Texas, on Monday, February 25, 2019.
Forecasts predicted Hurricane Michael would land in Panama City as a strong, but still manageable, Category 3 hurricane. Employees of the Humane Society of Bay County — along with their families, friends, cats, and dogs — spent the day preparing to ride out the hurricane under the protection of their Monolithic Dome. As everyone settled in for the night, no one expected anything too severe. Then Hurricane Michael intensified into the strongest hurricane to ever hit the Florida panhandle.
- Flo Rich Women's Ankle Strap shoes Black
- Zarbrina Woman Slides Sandals Patchwork Transparent Pearl Crystal Flowers Outside Beach Wear Wedges Platform Braided Heels shoes
- Cole Haan Womens Tabby High Sandal Dress Pump Dress Pump
- Go to Past Women's Autumn Winter Square Toe high Heel Ankle Boots Genuine Leather Vintage Studded Embossed Boots Elegant Comfortable Handmade shoes
- Skechers Mens Relment- Songeo Bootie
- Skechers Performance Mens Outdoor Ultra
- Frye Women's Ilana Pull-On SHOVN Western Boot
- Wolverine Men's Roscoe 10 Inch WPF DS5 Comp Toe Work Boot
- Gentle Souls Womens Natalie Demi Wedge Closed Toe Elastic Straps Pump
- Popular shoes Men's Driving Lok Fu shoes Boat Soft shoes Non-Slip Style OX Leather Hook and Ring Round Head Breathable Hollow Upper Light Size
- Etnies Metal Mulisha Navy Fader 2 shoes
- Clarks Men's Triken Run Sneaker
- Flip-Flops Outdoor Sports Sandals Sandals Men's Summer Casual Dual-use Non-Slip Thick-Soled Sandals Men's Slippers Beach Sandals and Slippers Genuine Leather
- ShopSquare64 S-420501 Swimming shoes Beach shoes Light Sports shoes Casual Wading shoes
- Burgundy Faux Suede ROF Women's Fashion Comfy Vegan Suede Block Heel Side Zipper Thigh High Over The Knee Boots
- WYMBS Women's shoes Flat Plush Round Head Keep Warm Short Boots,Khaki,38
- Nafanio Winter Home Slippers Women Slip-on Flats Soft Floor Down Cotton Indoor Warm Bedroom shoes Boots
- 2019 New Spring Women Pumps High Square Heel Pointed Toe Embroider Fashion Sexy Ladies Women shoes
- WeiPoot Women's Kitten Heels Soft Material Solid Buckle Pointed Closed Toe Pumps shoes
Facing west toward the Front Range of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, The Vanguard School in Colorado Springs provides a dramatic foreground thanks to its royal blue sports field and the dome structure situated nearby. The 20,000-square foot Monolithic Dome houses twelve classrooms and two science labs for the school’s 215 seventh and eighth graders. “It looks cool,” says student Ciera. “A lot of people see it and wonder what that thing is and I get to tell them it’s the junior high building!”
I was not a bit afraid during Hurricane Michael. A South Florida newspaper said there were sustained winds of 185+ mph and gusts of 201 mph. I believe that as I watched the neighbor house explode and saw trees twist and fly apart. Debris pounded the dome viciously. My hurricane windows were fractured but held so no rain entered.
greyport Men's Expert Safety Boots
Hurricane Michael smashed a power transformer into Margaret Clayton’s caterpillar shaped Monolithic Dome home. The home is a few miles southeast of Mexico Beach in Port Saint Joe, Florida. Clayton stayed in her home during the hurricane. Everything was going well — until her neighbor’s house exploded.
Stonefly Men's Space Man 3 Nappa Trainers
Reebok Men's Classic Leather Clip Ele Low-Top SneakersSkechers Men's Delson- Romen TrainersJIALUN-shoes Men's Fashion Moccasins PU Leather Flat Heel Slip on Driving Style Loafer
Hundreds of dome fans toured the Monolithic Dome Research Park on Saturday, October 20. After weeks of constant rain, the weather turned sunny, and it was a beautiful day. Even the with all the mud and standing water, people toured the offices, shops, and Bruco: The Texas Italian Caterpillar.
We haven’t reached any dome owners in the area hit by Hurricane Michael. The city manager of Panama City Beach, Florida, was on NPR this morning talking about the damage. He said his city fared okay, but the area around Mexico Beach — east of Panama City Beach — was devastated. Widespread power failures, destroyed cell towers, and damaged infrastructure is making communication difficult.
Years ago, a late night fire started next to a 10,000-ton urea storage in Channelview, Texas. It consumed three wood structures built against the Monolithic Dome. Over 300 gallons of transformer oil fueled the blaze. For an hour, strong winds blew the inferno directly over the dome.
Nike Men's Air Max Sequent Training Running shoes
DC shoes Serial Graffik Black shoes PE18ASICS Men's Gel-Challenger 11 Clay Tennis shoes
ASICS Unisex Adults Fuzex Tr S613n-9099 Cross Trainers
Joma Men's Aguila GOL FG Firm Ground Soccer shoes
2018 Fashion Boots Mens Leather High-Top Boots Laces Adult Wide Fit Xmas Gifts
There are so many domes around the Monolithic Dome Research Park that for the first time the Monolithic Dome Builders Workshop was held out-of-town — mostly. Over 20 students attended the Fall 2018 workshop. They built two, 20-foot diameter domes and one concrete-only Ecoshell in nearby Dawson, Texas.
Rockport Men's Tough Bucks Plain Toe Oxford 2
Palladium Men's Baggy Canvas Boot
Dome fan, Harry Maldonado, shared this video of his recent visit to a monolithic dome home in Colorado. We believe this home was constructed by Mert Hull near Colorado Springs.
INMONARCH Mens Yellow Wedding shoes Checks MJ016093