A recently completed Monolithic Dome home shielded a family from a hurricane and came away unscathed. That’s the strength of a Monolithic Dome.
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Judy Lynne South — loving wife of David B. South and beloved mother of ten. She died in Waxahachie, Texas, on Monday, February 25, 2019.
Forecasts predicted Hurricane Michael would land in Panama City as a strong, but still manageable, Category 3 hurricane. Employees of the Humane Society of Bay County — along with their families, friends, cats, and dogs — spent the day preparing to ride out the hurricane under the protection of their Monolithic Dome. As everyone settled in for the night, no one expected anything too severe. Then Hurricane Michael intensified into the strongest hurricane to ever hit the Florida panhandle.
- Cartier Genuine Leather Jeweled shoes Pasha, HISINGEN (11)
- JANET&JANET Women's 42560 Black Leather Pumps
- Asics Trainers Mens Lethal Tigreor White 8,5 US
- Kalra Creations Men's Traditional Indian Wedding Jutti Ethnic shoes
- ZQ@QXAutumn and winter leather high-help casual male boots retro anti-slip men Martin Boots
- WEGCJU Non-Slip Hiking shoes Waterproof Wear Boots Men's Martin Boots Chukka Chelsea High Boots Boots Boots
- Converse Men's All Star Chuck Taylor Lo Top Oxfords Black Mono 7.5 D(M) US
- Black Charles by Charles David Womens Grady Wedge Sandal
- JQSM Fashion Women Handbags PU Leather Women Shopping Shoulder Bag Business Women Crossbody Tote Bags Female Designer
- Skechers Womens Vaso - Mitad Clogs
- SAMSAY Unisex Genuine Cowhide Leather House Slipper Closed Toe Flat Sandals shoes for Womens & Mens
- ALOTUS Women's & Men's Memory Foam Slippers with Animal Cute Cartoon Cat Winter Warm Fuzzy Bedroom shoes Non Slip Pink
- Eclimb Womens Fully Fur Lined Winter Snow Boots
- AmoonyFashion Women's Round Closed Toe Kitten-Heels Boots with Structured
- WANGZHAO Single Shoulder Bag, Satchel Bag, Lady Bag Fashion Lady New Chain Square Bag
- High Heel Sandals, European and American Bare Toe, Waterproof and fine Sandals.
Facing west toward the Front Range of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, The Vanguard School in Colorado Springs provides a dramatic foreground thanks to its royal blue sports field and the dome structure situated nearby. The 20,000-square foot Monolithic Dome houses twelve classrooms and two science labs for the school’s 215 seventh and eighth graders. “It looks cool,” says student Ciera. “A lot of people see it and wonder what that thing is and I get to tell them it’s the junior high building!”
I was not a bit afraid during Hurricane Michael. A South Florida newspaper said there were sustained winds of 185+ mph and gusts of 201 mph. I believe that as I watched the neighbor house explode and saw trees twist and fly apart. Debris pounded the dome viciously. My hurricane windows were fractured but held so no rain entered.
Adidas Men's Glgold 16.1 Fg Football Boots
Hurricane Michael smashed a power transformer into Margaret Clayton’s caterpillar shaped Monolithic Dome home. The home is a few miles southeast of Mexico Beach in Port Saint Joe, Florida. Clayton stayed in her home during the hurricane. Everything was going well — until her neighbor’s house exploded.
Men's Sleeve Casual shoes Non-slip Wear resistant Flat shoes Lightweight Cozy Low-top shoes Boat shoes
Adidas Unisex Adults' EQT Support Rf Pk 507 TrainersSuperga Unisex Adults' 2843 Hairysueu TrainersByblos blue 672060 Sneakers Man
Hundreds of dome fans toured the Monolithic Dome Research Park on Saturday, October 20. After weeks of constant rain, the weather turned sunny, and it was a beautiful day. Even the with all the mud and standing water, people toured the offices, shops, and Bruco: The Texas Italian Caterpillar.
We haven’t reached any dome owners in the area hit by Hurricane Michael. The city manager of Panama City Beach, Florida, was on NPR this morning talking about the damage. He said his city fared okay, but the area around Mexico Beach — east of Panama City Beach — was devastated. Widespread power failures, destroyed cell towers, and damaged infrastructure is making communication difficult.
Years ago, a late night fire started next to a 10,000-ton urea storage in Channelview, Texas. It consumed three wood structures built against the Monolithic Dome. Over 300 gallons of transformer oil fueled the blaze. For an hour, strong winds blew the inferno directly over the dome.
Salomon Men's X-Tour 2 Running shoes
Munich Unisex Adults’ Sappgold Sky 56 Low-Top SneakersKickers Men Sandals 610030-60 MARVEO 8 black
Joma Pro PN10S_901 Football Boots Dry Land Number 10 Black gold
Vans Unisex Old Skool Dallas Clayton Sneaker
NIKE Pro 5 Compression Shorts (Medium, Black White White)
There are so many domes around the Monolithic Dome Research Park that for the first time the Monolithic Dome Builders Workshop was held out-of-town — mostly. Over 20 students attended the Fall 2018 workshop. They built two, 20-foot diameter domes and one concrete-only Ecoshell in nearby Dawson, Texas.
Pikolinos Men's Berlin 1 Moccasins
Lugz Men's Drifter Mid Steel Toe Fashion Boot
Dome fan, Harry Maldonado, shared this video of his recent visit to a monolithic dome home in Colorado. We believe this home was constructed by Mert Hull near Colorado Springs.
Men's Summer Outdoor Sports Leather Anti-Skid shoes with Sandals (24.0-27.0) cm Anti-Skid Breathable