A recently completed Monolithic Dome home shielded a family from a hurricane and came away unscathed. That’s the strength of a Monolithic Dome.
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Judy Lynne South — loving wife of David B. South and beloved mother of ten. She died in Waxahachie, Texas, on Monday, February 25, 2019.
Forecasts predicted Hurricane Michael would land in Panama City as a strong, but still manageable, Category 3 hurricane. Employees of the Humane Society of Bay County — along with their families, friends, cats, and dogs — spent the day preparing to ride out the hurricane under the protection of their Monolithic Dome. As everyone settled in for the night, no one expected anything too severe. Then Hurricane Michael intensified into the strongest hurricane to ever hit the Florida panhandle.
- Thin High Heels Open Toe Sexy Party Spring Summer shoes Woman Black Beige High Heeled Sandals
- Ailj Snow Boots, Ladies Platform Velvet Straps Winter Boots Round Head Martin Boots (Brown) (color Brown, Size EU 35 US 4 UK 3 JP 22.5cm)
- Adidas Adizero Boston 6 Women's Running shoes - SS17
- Docksteps Stivaletti men blue (Indian-MID_7044)
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Classic Trainers Unisex bluee
- DSFGHE Boots Mens Leather Martin Boots Safety Chukka Work Boots Casual Lace Up Boot
- Adidas Predator 18.2 FG Soccer shoes
- Black_2 Wonesion Mens Womens Water Sport shoes Quick Dry Aqua Socks Barefoot Outdoor Beach Swim Surf Pool Yoga shoes
- Muck Boot Arctic Excursion Men's Rubber Winter Ankle Boot
- Women Elegant Thin High Heels Point Toe Party Wedding shoes Woman
- KingRover Women's V Cut Sexy Pointed Toe Strap Side Zipper Stiletto High Heel Synthetic Ankle Booties
- Nerefy 2018 New Women shoes with Hole Breathable Flat shoes Women Fashion Women Sneakers
- Meiren Rhinestones High Heels Stilettos Pointed Hollow Sexy Women's shoes Wine Red
- Uieort Cartoon Japanese Food Icon Sushi with EEL Womens Lace Up Sneakers shoes Lightweight
- Peerage Fay Women Wide Width Pointed Toe Patent Leather Dress Slingback Flat with Stack Heel
- Women's Ankle Boots Stiletto high Heel Pointed Leather Boots Side Zipper lace Solid color Thicken Fashion Boots Autumn and Winter
Facing west toward the Front Range of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, The Vanguard School in Colorado Springs provides a dramatic foreground thanks to its royal blue sports field and the dome structure situated nearby. The 20,000-square foot Monolithic Dome houses twelve classrooms and two science labs for the school’s 215 seventh and eighth graders. “It looks cool,” says student Ciera. “A lot of people see it and wonder what that thing is and I get to tell them it’s the junior high building!”
I was not a bit afraid during Hurricane Michael. A South Florida newspaper said there were sustained winds of 185+ mph and gusts of 201 mph. I believe that as I watched the neighbor house explode and saw trees twist and fly apart. Debris pounded the dome viciously. My hurricane windows were fractured but held so no rain entered.
TCG Men's Cooper Premium Leather and Suede Lace Up Low Top Sneaker shoes Fog
Hurricane Michael smashed a power transformer into Margaret Clayton’s caterpillar shaped Monolithic Dome home. The home is a few miles southeast of Mexico Beach in Port Saint Joe, Florida. Clayton stayed in her home during the hurricane. Everything was going well — until her neighbor’s house exploded.
Lloyd Men's Kidron Extra-Weit Derbys
DANDANJIE Men's Leather Boots Formal Dress shoes 2018 Winter High-top Casual British Style BootiesNew Balance - Sneakers - Men - 999 bluee Mesh and Suede Sneakers for men - US 10Deakins Mens Leather shoes Nicholas Consumer in Black & Coffee Colour
Hundreds of dome fans toured the Monolithic Dome Research Park on Saturday, October 20. After weeks of constant rain, the weather turned sunny, and it was a beautiful day. Even the with all the mud and standing water, people toured the offices, shops, and Bruco: The Texas Italian Caterpillar.
We haven’t reached any dome owners in the area hit by Hurricane Michael. The city manager of Panama City Beach, Florida, was on NPR this morning talking about the damage. He said his city fared okay, but the area around Mexico Beach — east of Panama City Beach — was devastated. Widespread power failures, destroyed cell towers, and damaged infrastructure is making communication difficult.
Years ago, a late night fire started next to a 10,000-ton urea storage in Channelview, Texas. It consumed three wood structures built against the Monolithic Dome. Over 300 gallons of transformer oil fueled the blaze. For an hour, strong winds blew the inferno directly over the dome.
FTG Ducati Mugello Low S1P SRC Orthotic shoes
Wthfwm Men Military Army Tactical Outdoor Sports Camping Hiking Work Lace Up Breathable High Top Desert Waterproof fabric shoes BootsGanSouy Mens Buckle Belt Martin Boot Side Zip Motorcycle Combat Boots Punk Rock Calf Boot Horse Riding Movie Fancy Dress shoes Ankle Boot Utility Footwear
Men's Boots Casual Boots Single Boots Comfortable Breathable Riding Boots Men's Boots
ZyuQ Ankle boots High Help Martin Boots Men'S Winter Fashion Tooling shoes To Help Thicken Warm Military Boots shoes Men
Geox Men's U Akim a Chukka Boots
There are so many domes around the Monolithic Dome Research Park that for the first time the Monolithic Dome Builders Workshop was held out-of-town — mostly. Over 20 students attended the Fall 2018 workshop. They built two, 20-foot diameter domes and one concrete-only Ecoshell in nearby Dawson, Texas.
Kappa Women's Fox Footwear Unisex, Synthetic Mesh Low-Top Sneakers
Marc O'Polo Men’s Sneaker 80124313501601 Trainers, Olive
Dome fan, Harry Maldonado, shared this video of his recent visit to a monolithic dome home in Colorado. We believe this home was constructed by Mert Hull near Colorado Springs.
Y-H Men's Casual shoes, Deck shoes, Spring Fall Casual Sneakers,Student Flat Comfort Running shoes, Travel shoes Cycling shoes (color A, Size 41)