A recently completed Monolithic Dome home shielded a family from a hurricane and came away unscathed. That’s the strength of a Monolithic Dome.
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Judy Lynne South — loving wife of David B. South and beloved mother of ten. She died in Waxahachie, Texas, on Monday, February 25, 2019.
Forecasts predicted Hurricane Michael would land in Panama City as a strong, but still manageable, Category 3 hurricane. Employees of the Humane Society of Bay County — along with their families, friends, cats, and dogs — spent the day preparing to ride out the hurricane under the protection of their Monolithic Dome. As everyone settled in for the night, no one expected anything too severe. Then Hurricane Michael intensified into the strongest hurricane to ever hit the Florida panhandle.
- T-JULY Sandals for Women Back Summer Strap Square Heels Fashion Ladies Wedding Party shoes
- Musse & Cloud Womens Genius Trendy Western Booties
- Ghapwe Women Spring Design Wedges White Platform Sneakers Female Casual Canvas shoes Fashionable Wear Resistant Elegant Joker Soft Beautiful Black 6.5M US shoes
- Chaco Women's Outcross Evo Free Sport Water shoes
- Gome-z Sexy Low Heel Women's Pumps Spring Autumn Square Toe Flock Rhinestone Slip on Female Square Heel Pumps Ladies Single shoes
- Clarks Mens Shoda Race Ii Loafer
- Badgley Mischka Womens Vivianne Loafer Flat
- Altra Lone Peak 3.0 Mid Neoshell Trail Running shoes - Men's Red, 9.5
- Adidas Adipower Weighlifting shoes Mens Black Red Gym Weights Trainers Sneakers
- Vans Era Pro (Checkerboard) Rococco Red Classic White shoes V00VFBQ2Z
- Nike Mens Essentialist Racer bluee Loyal bluee White Casual shoes 11 Men US
- Mens Suede Retro Trainers Leisure mesh Running shoes Lightweight Sneakers Breathable Running shoes
- Men's shoes Leather Loafers & Slip-ONS Comfort Oxfords for Casual Office & Career Party & Evening
- PF Flyers Men's MC2002BL, Black Whit, 8 D US
- Nude patent FAT BABY Women's shoes Rhinestone Pointed Flat shoes Women's Rivet Pointed-Toe shoes Crystal Wedding shoes
- Fall for you-sandal Supply 2019 Spring Heels Models Transparent Crystal Thick with Sandals Women's shoes
- Mobnau Women's Flat Fashion Sandles Jeweled Walking Sandals
- Converse Women's Breakpoint Oxford Fashion Sneaker
- AmoonyFashion Women's Pull On Pointed Closed Toe Spikes Stilettos Assorted color Pumps-shoes
Facing west toward the Front Range of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, The Vanguard School in Colorado Springs provides a dramatic foreground thanks to its royal blue sports field and the dome structure situated nearby. The 20,000-square foot Monolithic Dome houses twelve classrooms and two science labs for the school’s 215 seventh and eighth graders. “It looks cool,” says student Ciera. “A lot of people see it and wonder what that thing is and I get to tell them it’s the junior high building!”
I was not a bit afraid during Hurricane Michael. A South Florida newspaper said there were sustained winds of 185+ mph and gusts of 201 mph. I believe that as I watched the neighbor house explode and saw trees twist and fly apart. Debris pounded the dome viciously. My hurricane windows were fractured but held so no rain entered.
Meiguiyuan Woman Sandals gold Metallic Clear Strap High Heels Fashion Transparent Summer shoes Women
Hurricane Michael smashed a power transformer into Margaret Clayton’s caterpillar shaped Monolithic Dome home. The home is a few miles southeast of Mexico Beach in Port Saint Joe, Florida. Clayton stayed in her home during the hurricane. Everything was going well — until her neighbor’s house exploded.
Tirahse Sweet Women's Pull On Peep Toe Spikes-Stilettos Assorted color Sandals
QueenFashion Women's Close Round Toe Adjustable Strap Square Heels PU Knee Boots with Zipper and Bucklebluee Bath Slippers Women Men Anti-Slip Indoor Shower Slippers Sandals Slip-On Slippers Sandals Women Non Slip House shoes Women Sandals Shower Bedroom shoes Women Non Slip Slippers Swimming Pool 38-39FZFHSJ Flip-Flops Summer Beach Braided Strap Sandal
Hundreds of dome fans toured the Monolithic Dome Research Park on Saturday, October 20. After weeks of constant rain, the weather turned sunny, and it was a beautiful day. Even the with all the mud and standing water, people toured the offices, shops, and Bruco: The Texas Italian Caterpillar.
We haven’t reached any dome owners in the area hit by Hurricane Michael. The city manager of Panama City Beach, Florida, was on NPR this morning talking about the damage. He said his city fared okay, but the area around Mexico Beach — east of Panama City Beach — was devastated. Widespread power failures, destroyed cell towers, and damaged infrastructure is making communication difficult.
Years ago, a late night fire started next to a 10,000-ton urea storage in Channelview, Texas. It consumed three wood structures built against the Monolithic Dome. Over 300 gallons of transformer oil fueled the blaze. For an hour, strong winds blew the inferno directly over the dome.
Fabulicious Womens LIP-102-1 C M Sandal
FG21ds21g LED shoes Womens USB Charging Light Up Sports shoesMIKA HOM Womens Waterproof Winter Snow Boots Winter Boots Warm Boots
WeenFashion Women's Buckle Closed Toe Low Heels Pu Solid Sandals
WeenFashion Women's Low-Heels Buckle Pu Open Toe Sandals
WeenFashion Women's Closed-Toe Pull-On Frosted Solid High-Heels Pumps-shoes
There are so many domes around the Monolithic Dome Research Park that for the first time the Monolithic Dome Builders Workshop was held out-of-town — mostly. Over 20 students attended the Fall 2018 workshop. They built two, 20-foot diameter domes and one concrete-only Ecoshell in nearby Dawson, Texas.
Cambridge Select Women's Casual Triple Strap Cut Out Comfort Slip-On Flat Sandal
T-JULY Womens Ladies Bohemia Flowers Wedge Flip Flops Rhinestone Beaded Pearl Sandals for Women Beach Slippers
Dome fan, Harry Maldonado, shared this video of his recent visit to a monolithic dome home in Colorado. We believe this home was constructed by Mert Hull near Colorado Springs.
Reebok Womens Harmony Road 2 Sneaker