A recently completed Monolithic Dome home shielded a family from a hurricane and came away unscathed. That’s the strength of a Monolithic Dome.
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Judy Lynne South — loving wife of David B. South and beloved mother of ten. She died in Waxahachie, Texas, on Monday, February 25, 2019.
Forecasts predicted Hurricane Michael would land in Panama City as a strong, but still manageable, Category 3 hurricane. Employees of the Humane Society of Bay County — along with their families, friends, cats, and dogs — spent the day preparing to ride out the hurricane under the protection of their Monolithic Dome. As everyone settled in for the night, no one expected anything too severe. Then Hurricane Michael intensified into the strongest hurricane to ever hit the Florida panhandle.
- Fabulicious Women's Lumina 30 Sandal
- Imagine Vince Camuto Womens Paill2 Heeled Sandal
- Women's Sports shoes Spring Fall PU High-Top Sneakers Fashion Platform shoes Athletic shoes Outdoor Training shoes White Black,Black,39
- shoes Sneaker Keychains AJ-5 Retro
- The Flexx Womens Boco Loco Ballet Flat
- Men's Leather Tactical Boots Lightweight Breathable Waterproof Military Boots Hiking Work Boots
- Old West Boots Men's Tbm3010
- Dr. Martens Men's Pendleton Boots
- Schutz Womens Franzen Dress Sandal
- KMJBS-Men'S Canvas shoes Autumn Classic Retro Feet Lazy shoes.Coffee Thirty-Nine
- Snfgoij Safety shoes Men Trainers Waterproof Lightweight Walking Martin Boots Ankle Boots High Cut Leather Military Boots,Brown-39
- OtterBox Men's Safety shoes Black Black Yellow
- Vans Era (Van Doren) Palm Navy shoes W3CDOX
- Dansko Men's Vaughn Fashion Sneaker
- Dark Shadow Vans Unisex SK8-Hi(tm) Core Classics
- Lucksender Womens Round Toe Chunky High Heel Platform Ankle High Boots
- Athletic Running shoes Fashion Sneakers Fitness shoes Casual Mesh Soft Sole Lightweight Breathable
- YILLEU Women Casual Suede Faux Fur Lined Moccasin Slippers Slip on Mule Loafer Flat shoes
- 1TO9 Womens Bows Beaded Fashion Leather Boots MNS02770
Facing west toward the Front Range of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, The Vanguard School in Colorado Springs provides a dramatic foreground thanks to its royal blue sports field and the dome structure situated nearby. The 20,000-square foot Monolithic Dome houses twelve classrooms and two science labs for the school’s 215 seventh and eighth graders. “It looks cool,” says student Ciera. “A lot of people see it and wonder what that thing is and I get to tell them it’s the junior high building!”
I was not a bit afraid during Hurricane Michael. A South Florida newspaper said there were sustained winds of 185+ mph and gusts of 201 mph. I believe that as I watched the neighbor house explode and saw trees twist and fly apart. Debris pounded the dome viciously. My hurricane windows were fractured but held so no rain entered.
Clarks Womens Malia Skylar W Riding Boot
Hurricane Michael smashed a power transformer into Margaret Clayton’s caterpillar shaped Monolithic Dome home. The home is a few miles southeast of Mexico Beach in Port Saint Joe, Florida. Clayton stayed in her home during the hurricane. Everything was going well — until her neighbor’s house exploded.
Ktyyuwwww Attractive Women colorful Neutral Pink French Bulldog Flowers Funny Sports Running shoes
Elegant White Lace Wedding shoes,Women's Pointed Toe Thin 7.5CM High Heels Oversized Sandals for Bridal Bridesmaid Ceremony Party shoesExpertS shoes Women Boots Winter Warm Snow Boots Suede Ankle Boots for Female Plush Booties Woman Plus SizeLVYING Womens Ankle Boots Snakeskin Print Faux Leather Bootie High Heel Stilettos Party Clubwear shoes
Hundreds of dome fans toured the Monolithic Dome Research Park on Saturday, October 20. After weeks of constant rain, the weather turned sunny, and it was a beautiful day. Even the with all the mud and standing water, people toured the offices, shops, and Bruco: The Texas Italian Caterpillar.
We haven’t reached any dome owners in the area hit by Hurricane Michael. The city manager of Panama City Beach, Florida, was on NPR this morning talking about the damage. He said his city fared okay, but the area around Mexico Beach — east of Panama City Beach — was devastated. Widespread power failures, destroyed cell towers, and damaged infrastructure is making communication difficult.
Years ago, a late night fire started next to a 10,000-ton urea storage in Channelview, Texas. It consumed three wood structures built against the Monolithic Dome. Over 300 gallons of transformer oil fueled the blaze. For an hour, strong winds blew the inferno directly over the dome.
WeenFashion Women's Pull-On PU Solid Square Closed Toe Pumps-shoes,AMGDX006259
CASSOCK Ladies Simple High Heel Pumps Party Office-Lady Style Casual Stiletto shoesCASSOCK Ladies Handmade Casual Dailywear Slip-on High Heel Dress Court shoes
Converse Mens Chuck Taylor All Star High Top Sneakers (Men, White)
Lusam feeling Womens Comfort Winter Snow Warm Soft Mid Calf PU Leather Boots
MEGNYA Women's Hiking Sandals Braided Strap Antiskid Flat for Summer
There are so many domes around the Monolithic Dome Research Park that for the first time the Monolithic Dome Builders Workshop was held out-of-town — mostly. Over 20 students attended the Fall 2018 workshop. They built two, 20-foot diameter domes and one concrete-only Ecoshell in nearby Dawson, Texas.
Womens Ladies Sandals,Wild Midsole Beach Sandals,Summer Fish Mouth Flat Slippers,Sports Sandals
Webb Perkin Women Thin High Heel Pointed Toe Sexy shoes Elastic Socks Soft Comfort Boot Lady Ankle Boots
Dome fan, Harry Maldonado, shared this video of his recent visit to a monolithic dome home in Colorado. We believe this home was constructed by Mert Hull near Colorado Springs.
T-JULY Girls Womens Wedge Platform Genuine Leather Peep Toe Walking Sandals Ankle Strap Slip on Comfy Dress Slippers